Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you put the nevronomicon in another investigator deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug London
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It's a neutral card as far as I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DouglasLondon wrote:
It's a neutral card as far as I can tell.

I guess not because it is not a basic weakness. Although it misses the text Daisy Walker deck only, the text says move 1 horror to Daisy Walker. I think the text misses because they didn't have enough space or forgot it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Of course you can...

Providing that investigator card under deckbuilding options (on the rear) says something like

“Neutral cards of no level.”

The investigators so far say cards of Level 0, 0-2 or 0-5.

See how the Necronomicon (sorry nevronomicon) has no area under the cost number for pips? Those little white things that tell you the level of the card.

Cards which are no level are only put into decks during play by specific effects or during deckbuilding by being listed under deckbuilding requirements.

So, it’s a no for now.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
This card is required to build daisy deck. The card has no level at all, no pips so theyr arent even level 0. I dont think you are allowed to add this card in an other investigator deck. ALL neutral cards has a level (pips), even skills . SO in my opinion , the answer is no.

But its your game so you can play it the way you want. I used 2 copies of roland .38 in some games just for fun XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Friedberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
Of course you can...

Providing that investigator card under deckbuilding options (on the rear) says something like

See how the Necronomicon (sorry nevronomicon) has no area under the cost number for pips? Those little white things that tell you the level of the card.

Cards which are no level are only put into decks during play by specific effects or during deckbuilding by being listed under deckbuilding requirements.

So, it’s a no for now.

Phoenix

Actually it has an empty pip-area, just like other level 0 cards. I usually am not one to go point it out - but in all honesty: why do you go around and give (sort of helpful but) snarky answers in several of these threads where people ask honest questions?
I don't want to offend, but I don't think the tone is helpful at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool if it turned up in a future scenario or two, which could be another reason it is not tied to Daisy's deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin is right on.

The five investigator specific cards, including the Necronomicon, have the pips printed on them showing as if they were level 0 cards. However, they were misprinted, and will apparently be fixed in subsequent printings, to have the icon more like what Lita Chantler's card looks like. It would have the crescent with no pips instead.

This means that these 5 cards can only be added specifically when called for, such as in the deckbuilding options of a specific character. As such, you can't have two Necronomicons in a deck, and you can't put that card in anyone else's deck.

Edit:
I thought we were talking about one of the investigator cards, but not the weaknesses. There is no way to add any weaknesses to a deck unless specifically called for. The Necronomicon is not a basic weakness, so can't be in the pool that investigators draw from. My point is for the 5 beneficial cards Investigators can start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
benji_online wrote:
Actually it has an empty pip-area, just like other level 0 cards.

Actually he's right, the Necronomicon has no pip markers. The Tote Bag does, as do all the other unique assets, but none of the weaknesses do. I agree with the comment about snark though.

Hastur666 wrote:
It would be cool if it turned up in a future scenario or two, which could be another reason it is not tied to Daisy's deck.

An interesting notion; but how would this work for people playing single-Core Daisy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hastur666 wrote:

Minor spoilers for the Miskatonic Museum Mythos pack, of course, very minor since we're two months from it releasing:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The plot has us chasing an older, latin translation of the Necronomicon - where Daisy's card specifically says "John Dee Translation". I expect there to be some variant of it that would go to the lead investigator or something. It's all guessing at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised. It seems like a pretty big mythos piece to tie to one specific character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Investigator-specific cards should have no level, it's a misprint in the Core Set, as confirmed by the lead designer. Starting with the Dunwitch deluxe, they'll have no pip area, just like story assets (e.g. Lita Chantler).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wilson
msg tools
benji_online wrote:
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
Of course you can...

So, it’s a no for now.

Phoenix

Not sure why people have to be so sarcastic

Actually it has an empty pip-area, just like other level 0 cards. I usually am not one to go point it out - but in all honesty: why do you go around and give (sort of helpful but) snarky answers in several of these threads where people ask honest questions?
I don't want to offend, but I don't think the tone is helpful at all.

Yeah, I've said before I don't like how this community is starting out. The LoTR community was the friendliest most open community I've ever seen in the board game world. While this one is already turning out to be much more hostile based on threads I've seen. In the LoTR forums people are always willing to help newbies out. Not everyone who comes on these forums is a long term gamer.

There's no better way to turn off new gamers or kill a community like giving hostile answers to questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supermarino wrote:
Benjamin is right on.

The five investigator specific cards, including the Necronomicon, have the pips printed on them showing as if they were level 0 cards. However, they were misprinted, and will apparently be fixed in subsequent printings, to have the icon more like what Lita Chantler's card looks like. It would have the crescent with no pips instead.

This means that these 5 cards can only be added specifically when called for, such as in the deckbuilding options of a specific character. As such, you can't have two Necronomicons in a deck, and you can't put that card in anyone else's deck.

Edit:
I thought we were talking about one of the investigator cards, but not the weaknesses. There is no way to add any weaknesses to a deck unless specifically called for. The Necronomicon is not a basic weakness, so can't be in the pool that investigators draw from. My point is for the 5 beneficial cards Investigators can start with.

Ok, Im confused ... in your edit you said you thought we were talking about an investigator card but not the weakness - is there an investigator card Necronomicon that i dont know about ??
thanks in advance for any replies

Also ... my weakness card does not even show a place holder for pips and i dont understand why you would want to show pips on a weakness card - not like you would actually want to level that card --- im so confused !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
benji_online wrote:

Actually it has an empty pip-area, just like other level 0 cards.

Would you mind scanning your copy of the Card Necronomicon and posting it here?

I am guessing I have a reprinted version as none of my Investigator Weaknesses have grey pips on at all.

Maybe that is where things are getting confused.

Let me double check.

Dark Memory, Hospital Debts, Cover Up, The Necronomicon, Abandoned and Alone have no pips on. You are saying yours do?

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:

Ok, Im confused ... in your edit you said you thought we were talking about an investigator card but not the weakness - is there an investigator card Necronomicon that i dont know about ??
thanks in advance for any replies

I was thinking of Daisy's Tote Bag, not the Necronomicon... I don't know these cards well enough yet.. .cool

The thing is those asset cards (Roland's .38 Special, Daisy's Tote Bag, On the Lam, Heirloom of Hyperborea, and Wendy's Amulet) are character specific, but should have a different icon printed to not show the pips. You cannot use two of any of those cards in any deck. Those are, allegedly, going to be fixed in a revised printing to have an icon similar to what the Necronomicon does in fact have, showing no pips. There is currently no other Necronomicon card in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.