tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could really do with this too - perhaps as a basis for some card-sized player aids, one per colony type.

The different effects of the embassies are both easily misunderstood (a friend achieved a mighty score by misusing the Trader again and again, based on a misreading of the rules) and also easily forgotten during the game. I can barely see that I have a level two Lord embassy without a magnifying glass; trying to peer across the table at the colony overviews is even more of a nuisance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
I could really do with this too - perhaps as a basis for some card-sized player aids, one per colony type.

The different effects of the embassies are both easily misunderstood (a friend achieved a mighty score by misusing the Trader again and again, based on a misreading of the rules) and also easily forgotten during the game. I can barely see that I have a level two Lord embassy without a magnifying glass; trying to peer across the table at the colony overviews is even more of a nuisance.

Just out of curiosity, how was your friend misusing the Trader Colony?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a clue - I wasn't playing in that game. Perhaps forgetting that they had to visit a Market to do so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I misused the Trader Colony the first time it was in play. The arrow iconography suggests that you can make multiple trades in a single action (e.g. freely exchange all your resources for other ones of equivalent value).

ex: convert 6 wood into 4 food + 2 clay
ex: convert 10 wood into 3 planks + 2 bricks

But I'm pretty sure the actual rule is that you get a single transaction at the market.

ex: convert 10 wood into 10 clay
ex: convert 10 food into 5 bricks

You'd also need to have the Alchemist Colony to do one of my earlier examples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! That's what they were getting wrong too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Paukstadt
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
greetingsfrombergen wrote:
Does anyone have these as a pdf? Thanks

The rules, introductory game and appendix are all available from the Lookout homepage, as well as from the file section here on bgg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soeren_Lookout wrote:

The rules, introductory game and appendix are all available from the Lookout homepage, as well as from the file section here on bgg.

Thanks, those are good, too, but it's the colony overviews I'd like to see :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an unboxing video up on BGG now where you can get a quick glance at them as they are flipped thru.

It should be clear enough to pause the video and take a pretty good look at whats on them, in order to make homemade reference cards with a more condensed summary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.