Subject: The TableTop effect! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see this little gem creeping up the hotness ^_^ Thanks, Wil!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unfortunately, they missed a very important rule. In some battles, you can not use some weapons (as marked with a red X on the card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1qwerty wrote:
Unfortunately, they missed a very important rule. In some battles, you can not use some weapons (as marked with a red X on the card).

Didn't notice that, but I have a feeling there's not many games they didn't miss a rule or two. Still no denying the effect! And it's still a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1qwerty wrote:
That rule was covered. https://youtu.be/M0536RUasM0?t=10m32s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love or hate Wil Wheaton, TableTop is a great show and great for the hobby. If it wasn't for that show, I'd still be playing Ticket to Ride and Dominion and that's about it. His show introduced me to a slew of great games. Although my tastes have changed and I have moved on to heavier weight games, I have eight games in my collection that were featured on his show and many of them I bought because his show introduced me to them and they looked fun.

Champions of Midgard is not one of them. I bought the game earlier this year, but I'm glad it was featured on the show because now when I bring this to my regular gaming group night, it has a much higher probability of getting played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessus77 wrote:
1qwerty wrote:
That rule was covered. https://youtu.be/M0536RUasM0?t=10m32s

Yup, he definitely mentioned it and I didn't see any mistakes. Great game, I'm glad it's getting the attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Go back and watch the battles. They used all their dice it appears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1qwerty wrote:
Go back and watch the battles. They used all their dice it appears.
Not all enemies have restrictions. I didn't notice them sending the wrong warriors ever. Do you have a time stamp of when they screwed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I believe (and I could be wrong), that Wil said after last season that for all future episodes of Tabletop, they are going to have someone there (maybe from the company that makes the game) to watch over things and make sure the game is being played correctly. This is because of issues in previous seasons where major rule mistakes were happening. That's all well and good when you're playing with some friends at home, but not so good when demonstrating the game to the world. Hopefully they do have someone there who is familiar with the game, and can spot anything that is done wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
I believe (and I could be wrong), that Wil said after last season that for all future episodes of Tabletop, they are going to have someone there (maybe from the company that makes the game) to watch over things and make sure the game is being played correctly. This is because of issues in previous seasons where major rule mistakes were happening. That's all well and good when you're playing with some friends at home, but not so good when demonstrating the game to the world. Hopefully they do have someone there who is familiar with the game, and can spot anything that is done wrong.

They did have

Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb

there teaching the game which is why I'd be shocked if they got anything wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is currently #320 on the BGG ratings. My prediction is that because of the TableTop exposure, this game ranks inside the top 150 by the end of the year, possibly inside the top 100.

Personally, I think it deserves it. It's a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hart
United States
flag msg tools
Watched both the Stone Age and Champions of Midgard episodes. Played Stone Age last weekend and then immediately bought this game. Why is Stone Age over $60 more expensive than this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on Grey Fox. Time to drop some expansion info. Strike while the iron is hot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan OSullivan
Canada
flag msg tools
Tonyhart87 wrote:
Watched both the Stone Age and Champions of Midgard episodes. Played Stone Age last weekend and then immediately bought this game. Why is Stone Age over $60 more expensive than this game?

Stone Age is pending a reprint and is out of stock at retail at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Bhobs wrote:
Come on Grey Fox. Time to drop some expansion info. Strike while the iron is hot...

It's in blind playtesting presently.
I'd love to release it today and ride the hype but, sadly for us all we'll just have to wait until it's ready.

I hope you are still interested in February.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.