$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 134.76

7,858 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » General

Subject: Is there a way to play T&E online? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With gametableonline gone , is there a way to play this online now ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
theres an app on iOs and I think also android that supports online play
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
triqqy.com has it.

When it first started there were problems with incorrect rules implementations, bugs, and brutal timeout conditions that eliminated players from games while others were expected to continue.

I told myself I'd go back and see if these things were getting fixed, but it has been months since I've visited the site, so I don't know.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5? Years ago you could play it here on the BGG site. That's how I learned to play myself.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BoJack Horseman wrote:
theres an app on iOs and I think also android that supports online play


iOS version is a very crass & poor implementation. IT doesn't show last player moves properly , it neither highlights them or option to rewind and see the other player moves , so unless you are watching it closely , you are bound to miss.
Ofcourse I asked Coditio but ZERO response.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
orangeblood wrote:
triqqy.com has it.



Thank You , I will defintely check it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
5? Years ago you could play it here on the BGG site. That's how I learned to play myself.


And that was an incredibly great implementation, and tons of fun to play against other good players.

Seeing as how T&E is my favorite game, they left a hole in gaming life when they shut that down.

I still don't see how something that great can shut down.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoJack Horseman wrote:
theres an app on iOs and I think also android that supports online play


The Android app didn't support online play. I doubt they've added it since I last checked. They almost immediately gave up on it because few people bought it, but of course without online play and weak-ass AI, why would you buy it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krommenaas wrote:
BoJack Horseman wrote:
theres an app on iOs and I think also android that supports online play


The Android app didn't support online play. I doubt they've added it since I last checked. They almost immediately gave up on it because few people bought it, but of course without online play and weak-ass AI, why would you buy it?
Chicken or egg. Unfortunately, I believe in order to implement great AI and online play, they'd need to charge much more upfront, but such a price would turn away buyers, so it sounds like it was a doomed venture anyways by that token.


orangeblood wrote:
I still don't see how something that great can shut down.
IIRC, they mentioned it was taking too much of their time, especially for something that was free.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Quote:


The Android app didn't support online play. I doubt they've added it since I last checked. They almost immediately gave up on it because few people bought it, but of course without online play and weak-ass AI, why would you buy it?
Chicken or egg. Unfortunately, I believe in order to implement great AI and online play, they'd need to charge much more upfront, but such a price would turn away buyers, so it sounds like it was a doomed venture anyways by that token.


But the iOS version was doing well. They did charged a premium to it in begining. It's been years since a decent update has been done. They still put it on sale round the year. My suggestion of just highlighting the last players move (like Carcassone or Neuroshima Hex) to be implemented is standing from over 2 years. A game like XenoShyft went through multiple iterations to become super great .

Just my 2 cents.

Yes , I'm aware of how unreasonable I do sound towards Coditio.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prashantmaheshwari wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
Quote:


The Android app didn't support online play. I doubt they've added it since I last checked. They almost immediately gave up on it because few people bought it, but of course without online play and weak-ass AI, why would you buy it?
Chicken or egg. Unfortunately, I believe in order to implement great AI and online play, they'd need to charge much more upfront, but such a price would turn away buyers, so it sounds like it was a doomed venture anyways by that token.


But the iOS version was doing well. They did charged a premium to it in begining. It's been years since a decent update has been done. They still put it on sale round the year. My suggestion of just highlighting the last players move (like Carcassone or Neuroshima Hex) to be implemented is standing from over 2 years. A game like XenoShyft went through multiple iterations to become super great .

Just my 2 cents.

Yes , I'm aware of how unreasonable I do sound towards Coditio.


Oh, and that's the other thing. IIRC, Codito announced that they were out of the digital bg business, so I wouldn't especially expect an update at this point!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarkov
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
So, I registered at triqqy.com and gave it a try. Apparently the site is still in beta. There was a bug or two, but when I posted a bug report in their forum, the guy developing it immediately went and fixed the issue.

The game itself seems perfectly playable, though there are a still few wrinkles (wonky chat and replay, no manual treasure collection from temples yet) and the lobby interface is a bit strange in places. I finally realized that if you want to play a game, you click the "start a game" button to submit a request. If there are enough matching request, a game gets started. Simple enough.

So, anybody up for a game? I have high hopes for this. I mean, it's the only place you can play T&E online without an ios app.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hafergulden wrote:
So, I registered at triqqy.com and gave it a try. Apparently the site is still in beta. There was a bug or two, but when I posted a bug report in their forum, the guy developing it immediately went and fixed the issue.

The game itself seems perfectly playable, though there are a still few wrinkles (wonky chat and replay, no manual treasure collection from temples yet) and the lobby interface is a bit strange in places. I finally realized that if you want to play a game, you click the "start a game" button to submit a request. If there are enough matching request, a game gets started. Simple enough.

So, anybody up for a game? I have high hopes for this. I mean, it's the only place you can play T&E online without an ios app.


What you mention is what made it unplayable to me. You can't play very strategically if you don't even get a choice of which treasure to take. And there were other problems as well... I'm sorry to see they haven't been fixed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarkov
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
orangeblood wrote:

What you mention is what made it unplayable to me. You can't play very strategically if you don't even get a choice of which treasure to take. And there were other problems as well... I'm sorry to see they haven't been fixed.


Well, my current thinking is like this: "Geez, that's really not good enough yet. Better play a few games, report all bugs and issues I can find and have them fixed until it *is* good enough and I can play T&E online. As opposed to not being able play it at all, as is currently the case."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the way you think

I reported these issues in May and they still haven't been fixed. Hopefully with you following up, it will happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarkov
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
We will see what comes of it. And you're absolutely right, of course – if things like treasure collection don't get fixed, it's not worth it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.