6,707 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Eric Sunderland
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Without spoiling anything does anyone know if the red and blue boxes have a difference to them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the box is the only difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
The color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question on behalf of my wife (English is not her strongest suit). She knows that there are surprises every month and the game/board/whatever changes. She asks whether the game, at the end of season 1, is playable - if you can have fun still repeating the end-of-december game or not really.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
Vague december spoiler about replayability not giving away objectives:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
You couldn't play the last december game again.

Depending on choices you make you could play base pandemic but it would be strange with all of the stickers on the board.

I wouldn't want to replay with my set, I'm just keeping it on the shelf for posterity. In terms of value for money 17 games of about an hour worked out better value than going to a cinema or other forms of entertainment even before you divide it by the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
t3clis wrote:
the box is the only difference.

I gather the rulebook's cover matches the box? But there is absolutely no difference to the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamuki wrote:
A quick question on behalf of my wife (English is not her strongest suit). She knows that there are surprises every month and the game/board/whatever changes. She asks whether the game, at the end of season 1, is playable - if you can have fun still repeating the end-of-december game or not really.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

While the answer is theoretically yes, honestly, I'd say from a practical standpoint, no. Once you've completed the sequence, the game is "done."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It just doesn't make sense that they made red and blue boxes.
As far as having two games running at the same time; they could have just encouraged people to write a description somewhere on the box. It would have fit perfect with the idea of a Legacy game and making permanent changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tevacircus wrote:
It just doesn't make sense that they made red and blue boxes.
As far as having two games running at the same time; they could have just encouraged people to write a description somewhere on the box. It would have fit perfect with the idea of a Legacy game and making permanent changes.

you have a point, but nonetheless I will sleep soundly tonight, even knowing that it there there are two games wrapped in different boxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.