Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Linsey
United States
East Greenbush
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm sure these questions are probably answered somewhere in the rules, but I'm not finding them so,

Phase 3) Do players announce how many followers they are going to draw and then draw that many, or do they draw them one by one and then decide whether to draw more?

Phase 4) Do players place characters one-by-one in turn, or all at once? If all at once, is this done simultaneously, or does the first player place them all, then the second player, etc.?

Phase 5) The rules seem to imply (but don't quite say) that one player does one action (or passes) and then the next player goes, and so on, in order? Or does the first player do ALL his actions, then the next one, etc.?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob S.
msg tools
mbmb
Bruce Linsey wrote:
I'm sure these questions are probably answered somewhere in the rules, but I'm not finding them so,

Phase 3) Do players announce how many followers they are going to draw and then draw that many, or do they draw them one by one and then decide whether to draw more?

Phase 4) Do players place characters one-by-one in turn, or all at once? If all at once, is this done simultaneously, or does the first player place them all, then the second player, etc.?

Phase 5) The rules seem to imply (but don't quite say) that one player does one action (or passes) and then the next player goes, and so on, in order? Or does the first player do ALL his actions, then the next one, etc.?

Phase 3) All players draw their followers from their bag simultaneously, if nothing else to speed up the game a bit. I can't think of a reason why a player wouldn't want to draw as many followers as they are allowed.

Phase 4) I think the rules state in turn order but we've always allowed simultaneous placement to speed up play. Players are then required to declare "they are placed" in turn order after which they cannot make changes.

Phase 5) First player does all their actions, and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
singler3360 wrote:
Bruce Linsey wrote:

Phase 3) All players draw their followers from their bag simultaneously, if nothing else to speed up the game a bit. I can't think of a reason why a player wouldn't want to draw as many followers as they are allowed.

Phase 4) I think the rules state in turn order but we've always allowed simultaneous placement to speed up play. Players are then required to declare "they are placed" in turn order after which they cannot make changes.

Actually your #5 is wrong. Each player takes one action at a time or passes. Initially it might only be one turn around the table but later you will do up to 5 or so. From the instructions:

Beginning with the Start Player and in clockwise order, each player may carry out 1 action or pass. If you pass, you cannot carry out any more actions during that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob S.
msg tools
mbmb
elacyenwod wrote:
singler3360 wrote:
Bruce Linsey wrote:

Actually your #5 is wrong. Each player takes one action at a time or passes. Initially it might only be one turn around the table but later you will do up to 5 or so. From the instructions:

Beginning with the Start Player and in clockwise order, each player may carry out 1 action or pass. If you pass, you cannot carry out any more actions during that round.

Wow, we've been playing Phase 5 wrong. This changes things a bit. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
singler3360 wrote:
elacyenwod wrote:
singler3360 wrote:
Bruce Linsey wrote:

Wow, we've been playing Phase 5 wrong. This changes things a bit. Thanks for the clarification.

Phase 3: The number of workers you are drawing is defined by your position on the Knight track (modified by the spaces left in your Market & if you are returning any previously placed workers). Everyone draws all of their workers at the same time and places them in their market.

Phase 4: All players place all workers at once. This gives you a chance to look at other people's placement and adjust your strategy. Then starting with the current start player go round the circle with people reordering their workers or passing. This allows people to make final adjustments.

Phase 5: Starting with the current first player go round the table with each player resolving one action or passing. Once you have passed you cannot do any more actions this round (so you normally pass once you have finished all of your actions/all the ones you want to do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.