$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 129.89

7,656 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey BGG! Man i love this website.

So like any good board game addict I was thinking, what game can I buy next... so was looking through my shelf and had a real nice gaze at....

Conflict of Heroes Price of Honor! So Pretty!

My memory kicked in and I also recalled years ago i bought Storms of Steel as well!

So here i am opening the box going through it and then my cult of the new alarm went off ever so violently!

*MUST BGG COH ATB 2nd edition! MUST INQUIRE!*

So here I am with some questions guys!

Disclaimer: I am more then likely going to buy ATB 2nd edition + the generator and solo expansions... because addiction...

1) Kinda confused going to the academy games website... POH rules are considered 2.1 but is also considered reference... as in baseline? Or do I just use the newest ATB2nd 2.2 rules to re-learn this game?
2) Where do you think I should start? Tutorial from SOS? Or right into POH?
3) Should I just buy ATB 2nd edition with the solo expansion and generator and learn on that, then later on incorporate POH+ SOS once i get my bearings (lol bearings... awakening of the bear... i kill me!)

Thanks guys, sorry about the long winded post but I am in a silly mood today

Ride or die BGG! WOop woop

P.S. GEEK GOLD FOR GOOD RESPONSES CAUSE I AM GEEK GOLD RICH
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go for option 3 (actually I did!). Just remember that the Solo & Firefight expansions can only be use with ATB 2nd edition. Certain aspects can be used with PoH, such as the AI Action Point system but there are many other ways to use this system.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as that S.O.S. 2nd edition is coming out any day now, I would start with ATB 2nd first if at all practical. You could use SOS with POH rules just fine, but as I understand it there would some minor tweaking and adjustment to the counters and rules to get things to match up with ATB 2nd.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's really no reason of crackin out and relearning with POH + SOS when I could just start with atb2 + expansions ? Then incorporate the stuff I have later on?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Option three is what I did, as well. (And still doing)!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Option three is what I did, as well. (And still doing)!



Cool!

SO i think i have a line on ATB2e + solo + firefight generator... may have to wait a week to get it shipped... in the mean time though...

Would it hurt to do the programmed rules in SoS? Or am I going to have to unlearn it all kind of thing within a weeks time?

Or do I play scenarios with the 2nd edition ATB rules off academy games website?

Damn it i confused myself
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi,

I haven't played the first edition games but I talked to Uwe at a convention last year and he assured me ATB2 is far superior to the earlier products. The rules on the website are the same as the ones in the ATB2 box as far as I can tell so using them should be fine.

Happy gaming,

Paul

P.S. Academy games ships from Toronto to Canadian customers so it's quick and duty free.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never2manygames wrote:
Hi,

I haven't played the first edition games but I talked to Uwe at a convention last year and he assured me ATB2 is far superior to the earlier products. The rules on the website are the same as the ones in the ATB2 box as far as I can tell so using them should be fine.

Happy gaming,

Paul

P.S. Academy games ships from Toronto to Canadian customers so it's quick and duty free.


Hey appreciate the heads up! I checked out the site but looks like its still in US Funds which makes it unfortunately pretty expensive for us canadians! Is there a way of flipping it to CAD do you think on the site?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Boze wrote:
Never2manygames wrote:
Hi,

I haven't played the first edition games but I talked to Uwe at a convention last year and he assured me ATB2 is far superior to the earlier products. The rules on the website are the same as the ones in the ATB2 box as far as I can tell so using them should be fine.

Happy gaming,

Paul

P.S. Academy games ships from Toronto to Canadian customers so it's quick and duty free.


Hey appreciate the heads up! I checked out the site but looks like its still in US Funds which makes it unfortunately pretty expensive for us canadians! Is there a way of flipping it to CAD do you think on the site?


No such luck on the conversion. Looks like they have some good prices at Noble Knight Games though and I have found their customer service to be excellent. http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_... Beware though, the site can suck you in and you could bankrupt yourself with multiple purchases.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no problem playing SoS and PoH using the latest rule set for AtB2.

Also, there is such a small difference in any of these rule sets (except for AtB1) that you can just play SoS and PoH with the rules that came in the box.

Either way, you will be learning the basics. I personally would just download the latest rules and apply them to SoS and PoH. No need to buy AtB2 right now unless you feel the overwhelming desire to accumulate more games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.