Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group played the game for the first time last night and while everyone seemed to enjoy the game the one complaint was concerning the inability to reduce one's stress level.
I've since read the various posts regarding this "problem". I can see both sides of the argument. My suggestion would be as follows:
(1) Add a one step stress reduction when a pet is purchased.
(2) Allow a one step stress reduction for every two hour glasses placed in Relax.
(3) Allow these step reductions to cross colored sections.

I think these additions would give players reasonable options and not greatly undermine the game balance the designers were striving for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Pets is a KS only feature. This is not a viable solution for people who bought their copy retail.
2) Read the first paragraph on page 12 of your manual. You already get a two stress reduction for putting one hourglass on rest. Its basically the opposite of overtime.
3) This is a bad idea. It is going to script everyone's first move of the game to get into the green section so they will have extra actions for the rest of the game. By extension, its going to extend everyone's game by another round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking if you altered the placement of hour glasses into the Relax section requiring two hour glasses, but allowing Stress to be reduced across colored sections this would require players to consider whether to spend the additional time necessary to reduce stress or figuring the time would be better spent elsewhere. I was trying to find a balanced way to get over the complaint regarding stress reduction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Abela
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The problem is that since the bonus diminishes as time goes by (that is to say, 1 time for 6 rounds + extra round is worth far more than 1 time for 3 rounds + extra round), if they can choose when to health-up, it'll be towards the beginning of the game, and it's going to be very broken indeed.

If you want more hearts to appear in the game, the best option is to simply take out the cards and shuffle them into the top half of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.