Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Skill description rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pier Luigi Rocco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot find where are the description of the skill (I have king pledge)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ataru Moroboshi wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot find where are the description of the skill (I have king pledge)

There are four goldish-yellow cards (or 2 double-sided?), the same size as character record cards, broken down into 4 categories of skills: "Movement", "Attack", "Misc.", and "Defense and Magic". You can also download these from...

http://www.monolithedition.com/conan-en/rulebooks/

See the "game aids" link.

HOWEVER, be aware that the English edition has at least 4, and possibly more, translation errors which affect how certain skills work. Going from memory, those are:

- Wall Wrecker has 2 errors: it is missing the word "wooden" before "wall" and should say "2 extra movement" instead of "2 movement"

- Counterattack and Attack from Beyond both use the word "unarmed," which implies a -2 Success penalty on their attack. The attack is not "unarmed" in the sense of the keyword "unarmed," but in the sense that the character uses the dice specified in the skill instead of a weapon (but does not get the -2 Success penalty for "unarmed").

If you'll do a subject-only search in the forum for "translation" you will find, among other things, the immensely useful thread 1652548, which attempts to consolidate such translation errors into a single place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.