$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 125.78

7,483 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Flamme Rouge» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is there 5 or more squares behind the finish line? (and two Tour questions) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tomb
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
1.Two bikes stand on square just before the Finish line. First bike (red colour on right lane) moves 6, second bike (blue colour on left lane) moves 7. Which wins?
a) Red, because first takes right lane on last (fifth) square behind the End line.

or

b) Blue, because he rode further behind the End line?

2. Tour questions:
A) What happened if only a few riders crossed the end line and rest of peloton must play another turn. Did i remove from the track those who finished the stage?
B) One rider ends the stage on first square behind the finish line. Next after him was second rider (but he not crossed the end line). Should i give him an exhaustion card?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. B
2. A - remove finished riders.
B - No exhaustion card.

But this is only my opinion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Kothe
Germany
Essen-Kettwig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomB66 wrote:
Tour questions:
A) What happened if only a few riders crossed the end line and rest of peloton must play another turn. Did i remove from the track those who finished the stage?

After one or some players (in one turn) have crossed the finish line the race is over. There are no further turns.
Quote:
B) One rider ends the stage on first square behind the finish line. Next after him was second rider (but he not crossed the end line). Should i give him an exhaustion card?

Since the game is over he gets no exhaustion card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
kotlo wrote:
TomB66 wrote:
Tour questions:
A) What happened if only a few riders crossed the end line and rest of peloton must play another turn. Did i remove from the track those who finished the stage?

After one or some players (in one turn) have crossed the finish line the race is over. There are no further turns.
Quote:
B) One rider ends the stage on first square behind the finish line. Next after him was second rider (but he not crossed the end line). Should i give him an exhaustion card?

Since the game is over he gets no exhaustion card.


He is talking about the grand tour. In this expansion every rider has to cross the finish line.

About the questions. I support everything René said.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Kothe
Germany
Essen-Kettwig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRebel wrote:

He is talking about the grand tour. In this expansion every rider has to cross the finish line.

Aha... Grand Tour
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. A

Otherwise Rene is correct.

The grand Tour rules are available to download here on BGG. In the files section.

Regards
Asger
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:
1. A

Oh. I had expected B, since the second player played a higher card to go beyond the finish line in the same turn. So the last space of the last tile is the physical limit of the race, like a wall or fence?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Of course you can play it anyway your group prefers, it isn't a fragile game in that sense, and I promise my feelings wont get hurt!

Positioning and timing the final sprint is paramount. Not just brute force

Moreover in a Grand Tour, if the answer was 1. B, then a rider crossing the turn after another one, could receive a better time and actually 'win' the race.

In the Grand Tour turns are minutes, and spaces after the finish are increments of 10 seconds. Capped at +50 seconds (less than a minute).

Happy racing
Asger Granerud
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rulemaker contradicts the rulebook ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yves_bgg wrote:
So the rulemaker contradicts the rulebook ?


How so?? The rules just say that "whoever gets furthest accross, wins". It does not say anything about the "edge of the world" or whatever happens when you go where noone has gone before. That may be an omission, but not a contradiction.

You may play it as you like. That rule matters mainly when playing Grand Tour (which is not part of the standard rules anyway) where it prevents a time-space-paradoxon and hence the universe from collapsing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, my english may not be good.

Here's what the french rules say : "Si lors du même tour, plusieurs coureurs franchissent la ligne, celui qui arrive le plus loin l’emporte."

Edit

I see what you mean : you can't go beyond the last yellow space. Am I right ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yves_bgg wrote:
Sorry, my english may not be good.

Here's what the french rules say : "Si lors du même tour, plusieurs coureurs franchissent la ligne, celui qui arrive le plus loin l’emporte."


Yes, that is the same in english. But it does not say anything about what happens when you drive off the track. So it probably should say that you can't move more spaces than there are on the track (which one could argue may be self-evident, but would still have been nice to mention, just to make sure). Again: an omission of a special case, not a contradiction. As long as you are further behind the finish line as everybody else, you win.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too late...

Self-evident ? Not at all ! At least for me...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yves_bgg wrote:


I see what you mean : you can't go beyond the last yellow space. Am I right ?


Yep!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly added to list of future rule book clarifications!



Asger
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yes, we played it like this (A way), but the information would be welcome on the Rulebook
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The great thing about FR over say Leader 1 is that the movement really is simultaneous, so I don't think that the cyclist on the inside should be the winner because he "went first" and would award the win to B.

For a Grand Tour, I think it is better to factor in the speed a cyclist went when they finished into the time calculation, so a cyclist going faster but "taking their turn" later could pass a cyclist going slower but "taking their turn" before.

I calculate the time by this equation:
60 seconds x number of spaces needed to cross the finish line divided by speed
So in your example cyclist A took 10 seconds to finish (60 x 1 / 6), while cyclist B took 8.6 seconds to finish (60 x 1 / 7). You use this same calculation for every subsequent cyclist, adding 1 minute for each turn they finish after the winner.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.