Defenders of the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: Custom painted Dragonkin Minions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's another army with the base game minions for comparison. The image was so wide, the figures were slightly blurry on my point-and-shoot camera; so I added the base game minions digitally from a second photo to maintain the sharpness. The images weren't modified in any other fashion.

I added some blue highlights to the Dragonkin to make them look a bit more dynamic. I think it works the same way it does for Watchmen's Dr. Manhattan. The wizards have a glaze on the gemstones in their staff to make them shine more like jewels. I think these figures definitely punch above their weight class. They look premium even though they're army men quality.

There's only 25 more orcs to go and I'm finished with painting the minion sets. I'll have painted 260+ miniatures for DOTR at that point, and I haven't even gotten to the Dark Sword Miniatures Larry Elmore figures. Of course, I've still got Defenders of the Last Stand to paint, so they might have to wait.... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.