Subject: Mad weekend rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Friday, I played a three-player, three Era game. It took six hours. One player was completely new to the game, but dived right in. At no stage did I feel that the game dragged, or that I was having to wait for other players to take their turns.

So to get over this marathon session on Friday, on Saturday I sat down with two different players (again, one was completely new to the game) and we played through all four Eras. It took eight hours. Again, nobody felt that the game had dragged, everyone enjoyed it. And with different colonies and board layouts, the tow games felt quite different - that what won in the first game wasn't the best approach in the second.

Everybody had enjoyed playing it, nobody regretted the time spent and we all expressed a willingness to play the game again.

But boy is it long.

The pattern for the length of each Era was 1 hour for Era I, two for Era II, three for III, then two hours for Era IV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I would add my two player times from a 4 Era game this weekend for everyone's reference.

Era I - 60 mins
Era II - 80 mins
Era III - 100 mins
Era IV - 80 mins
Total: 5 hrs and 20 mins

It was our first 4 era game and we actually didn't do it all in one sitting. Instead we just made a few notes, bagged all of our player board items, and took a picture of the place tiles when we needed to stop. It was fairly easy to reconstruct the game and continue for each session. We loved the game and are looking forward to playing again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.