Hide
7 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Cut Throat???? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Carvalho
msg tools
So, how cut throat is this game compared with Ascension for example??

I am worried that my wife will not like the game because of the "Attack" effects, how many of those effects are in the game?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
More Defense than Attack cards. The Attacks are not usually bad, but there can be definite feel bad moments where a well-timed attack ruins someone's turn. Depending on temperament, some people may find this even more frustrating because usually attacks are played somewhat randomly: if you draw it, you will play it. So the feeling that someone just happened to draw the card that screwed you can be frustrating.

In general, it's important to understand that this game is fairly light and part of that is the high amount of luck involved (very much like Ascension). If you can take turns of poor fortune with a grain of salt, it's much more fun.

It's advantage over Ascension is that it has more card synergies. It's usually very easy to see which card is the best in the lineup when paying Ascension; in this game, the best card depends much more on what other cards you already have in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the in-deck>Player-attacks are fairly tame. If needed you can remove the harsher ones with little impact.

The Super-Villain attacks are a good deal harsher, but they hit all players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Carvalho
msg tools
Thanks for the answers, I think I will get this game after all. Unfortunately the stores tha ship this game to my country are out of stock in the moment. Is there any other base box that is a good starting point in the franchise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Arllioth wrote:
Thanks for the answers, I think I will get this game after all. Unfortunately the stores tha ship this game to my country are out of stock in the moment. Is there any other base box that is a good starting point in the franchise?

Each of the games are a great start for the series. Our advice is to get the one with your favorite characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arllioth wrote:

I'm a fan of Forever Evil, but that version encourages more attacking of other players (true to theme), so it may not be best for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arllioth wrote:

While still not cut throat, be aware that the villains box set has more attack than the other boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.