$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 128.41

7,594 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
104 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Putative new Chief of Staff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it appears Trump is going with Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff instead of Steve Bannon who will now be Chief Strategist. It's a relief since Priebus will now act as gatekeeper to the Trump presence and will perhaps lend a cautionary hand against some of the more rash impulses. I predict a power struggle between Bannon and Priebus over policy but it sounds as though Trump will not surround himself with entirely Alt-Right proponents.

Keeping fingers crossed.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
So, it appears Trump is going with Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff instead of Steve Bannon who will now be Chief Strategist. It's a relief since Priebus will now act as gatekeeper to the Trump presence and will perhaps lend a cautionary hand against some of the more rash impulses. I predict a power struggle between Bannon and Priebus over policy but it sounds as though Trump will not surround himself with entirely Alt-Right proponents.

Keeping fingers crossed.


That is good news - I hope he also pulls away from any mention of Ben Carson being involved with his administration in any capacity. That guy is a non stop bad and dumb ideas machine.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
This is just the transition team.

May signal something. May not at this point.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Aaaaand I couldn't help myself.

Priebus is now NOT Hitler?

I did not get that memo.

https://boardgamegeek.com/spsearch.php?objectid=1&objecttype...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, so the avowed white supremacist is *only* his chief strategist. How reassuring! gulp
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glundee1 wrote:
Awesome, so the avowed white supremacist is *only* his chief strategist. How reassuring! gulp


Far better than chief of staff which actually limits who the POTUS has access to on a daily basis. Allowing the Breitbart culture to decide who Trump has to listen to is far more of a concern than Priebus.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
glundee1 wrote:
Awesome, so the avowed white supremacist is *only* his chief strategist. How reassuring! gulp


Far better than chief of staff which actually limits who the POTUS has access to on a daily basis. Allowing the Breitbart culture to decide who Trump has to listen to is far more of a concern than Priebus.


I see expectations have already been recalibrated- didn't think it was outrageous to say "no viciously anti-semitic white supremacists in the White House" should be a hard and fast rule.

Bannon is the editor of a website which:

-panders to the modern neo-Nazis that comprise the alt-right,
-uses the word "Jewish" as a slur,
-has a section titled "Black Crime" which is basically racial pornography to incite white anxieties,
-posted a column in the aftermath of the Charleston shootings urging readers to proudly fly the Confederate flag,

and he has strong ties to white ethno-nationalists like Richard Spencer. Conservative former writers for Breitbart like Ben Shapiro said that during his tenure he "openly embraced the white supremacist alt-right."

If you think an individual like this has no place in the White House, please call your Senators and Representatives, sign this petition, and share it in your networks:
https://www.splcenter.org/stephen-bannon-has-no-business-whi...

To the moderates and conservatives who voted for Trump but claim not to endorse his abhorrent racism, it's time to put up or shut up. It's literally the least you can do.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
The sound you hear is the sound of Trump's promise to clean up the swamp and get rid of the insiders being tossed into the trash.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
The sound you hear is the sound of Trump's promise to clean up the swamp and get rid of the insiders being tossed into the trash.

He's draining the swamp all-right he's getting rid of all the lobbyists by giving them cabinet positions.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
The sound you hear is the sound of Trump's promise to clean up the swamp and get rid of the insiders being tossed into the trash.

He's draining the swamp all-right he's getting rid of all the lobbyists by giving them cabinet positions.


And he's going to drain cold hard cash right into his pockets. Trump will make Warren Harding's guys look like pikers.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
This is just the transition team.

May signal something. May not at this point.


It's bad. Just plain bad.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The silence from RSP conservatives on this question is deafening. This position is not confirmable, so the only chance to prevent white supremacists like this from hijacking the GOP is for traditional conservatives to condemn this move in the strongest possible terms.

If you get offended by being lumped in with the "deplorables" that also support Trump like racist internet trolls, now is the time to show that people like Steve Bannon and the alt right don't speak for you.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
glundee1 wrote:
The silence from RSP conservatives on this question is deafening. This position is not confirmable, so the only chance to prevent white supremacists like this from hijacking the GOP is for traditional conservatives to condemn this move in the strongest possible terms.

If you get offended by being lumped in with the "deplorables" that also support Trump like racist internet trolls, now is the time to show that people like Steve Bannon and the alt right don't speak for you.


I'm sorry...not your thing exactly? What is your issue regarding conservatives?


Ferret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anti-semitism and racism? Yeah, not my thing. Shouldn't be anyone's.

Your silence is complicity in the normalization of white nationalism.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Your preferred candidate for President just made a white supremacist his chief strategist. What are your thoughts?"

Koldie: "Let's wait and see. This might be something, might not be."

Drew: "Who said I voted for Trump?"

Sarxis, jeremycobert, etc.: "Why do you think we voted for him?"

ironcates: [Posts Stefan Molyneux video about why black people are, statistically speaking, less intelligent.]
17 
 Thumb up
5.35
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
glundee1 wrote:
"Your preferred candidate for President just made a white supremacist his chief strategist. What are your thoughts?"

Koldie: "Let's wait and see. This might be something, might not be."

Drew: "Who said I voted for Trump?"

Sarxis, jeremycobert, etc.: "Why do you think we voted for him?"

ironcates: [Posts Stefan Molyneux video about why black people are, statistically speaking, less intelligent.]


Thoughtful conservatives posting again.
13 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ostensibly non-racist libertarians, where you at? Where's the outrage? Or is the minimal state also a white ethno-nationalist one?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
This is just the transition team.

May signal something. May not at this point.


It's his version of 'dealmaking'. There wasn't a qpq, but Prebius did him a serious solid by bullying and browbeating GOP politicians into line.

I'm betting that in Trump's mind, this is paying him back (I say trumps mind because I don't really know the ins and outs of the power structure to know whether this is an improvment of position or not)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


C'mon, here's your chance to prove a smug liberal wrong. I have contended for a long time that 100% of Trump voters are racists and/or cowards.

Is there a single Trump voter out there who will a) admit what they've done, and b) condemn this action?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
The sound you hear is the sound of Trump's promise to clean up the swamp and get rid of the insiders being tossed into the trash.


On so many levels. Now he regards gay marriage as settled law. He's scaling back his deportation goals. "Establishment" figures are creeping into the inner circle.

I'm plenty happy to see "any" moderation in his extremist campaign positions but, I can't say I'm surprised to see immediate evidence of his disingenuous nature even before the oath is given. How soon can we start up with the Lyin' Donald sobriquet?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glundee1 wrote:


C'mon, here's your chance to prove a smug liberal wrong. I have contended for a long time that 100% of Trump voters are racists and/or cowards.

Is there a single Trump voter out there who will a) admit what they've done, and b) condemn this action?


Oh sorry didn't see this as I was putting together my list today.

1 Get Milk

2 get Bread

3 Pick up dry cleaning

4 Put down the non-white man.

shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
glundee1 wrote:
Ostensibly non-racist libertarians, where you at? Where's the outrage? Or is the minimal state also a white ethno-nationalist one?


Jesus. You are such a fucking douche bag. You have one note in your bag - everyone you don't like is racist and white. I'm glad you're here though, you serve as a constant reminder of what a piece of shit really looks like on the internet.

Cunt.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
glundee1 wrote:
Ostensibly non-racist libertarians, where you at? Where's the outrage? Or is the minimal state also a white ethno-nationalist one?


Jesus. You are such a fucking douche bag. You have one note in your bag - everyone you don't like is racist and white. I'm glad you're here though, you serve as a constant reminder of what a piece of shit really looks like on the internet.

Cunt.


I'm sorry, did you feel left out because I didn't mention you in my rundown a couple posts ago?

Here you go:

DWTripp: Is blackface socially acceptable again yet?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine W
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post links to these or similar articles, I've been trying to find specifics about him, thank you.

-panders to the modern neo-Nazis that comprise the alt-right,
-uses the word "Jewish" as a slur,
-has a section titled "Black Crime" which is basically racial pornography to incite white anxieties,
-posted a column in the aftermath of the Charleston shootings urging readers to proudly fly the Confederate flag,
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This argument is ridiculous.

So Trump got roughly 15% of the non-white vote overall --- which means out of the 160 million who voted --- 18 million of these non-whites were racist and voted for the white guy as opposed to the hideous white woman?

In fact 1 million less Blacks evaporated and didn't even show up to the polls since the 2012 election. Oh! that's it!!! Our new secret racist program must be working --- not that HRC basically sucks and these 1 million blacks couldn't stand to get out and vote for her.

Wow. Hey did you hear? Your party lost.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.