Subject: Marvel Mini Expansion: Iron Fist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My Usual Intro...
Inspired by the original custom ideas of Stu Anderson (andjosh05 https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1056972/marvel-expansion-av) and others in the variant section. I decided to add-on to the Marvel characters with character specific theme mini expansions instead of trying to make big boxed sets.

This is for entertainment purposes only. Not to be sold. All art work and characters belong to Marvel comics and the respective creators.

The next show in the Defenders line on Netflix is Iron Fist a.k.a. The Living Weapon, a.k.a. the Immortal Weapon of K'un-Lun, a.k.a. Daredevil 2.0.

Iron Fist- Oversized Superhero card ability is focused on gaining Chi in the form of VP tokens. Like in Forever Evil, he can spend his chi to do different things. Iron Fist Hero card, Danny Rand, is an extension of his main card. It also gives you the best value for spending VP tokens. The Iron Fist Punch super power builds on his Oversized Superhero card ability but instead of gaining VP you gain additional power. Basically, if you play all Iron Fist card and pay VP tokens you could be doing enough power to almost take down an 8 cost Super-Villain by himself...I mean with just 3 cards.

Daughters of the Dragon- Oversized Superhero card ability allows them to collect on the bounty of the Villains they bring in (buy or gain) through gaining cards. Misty Knight since she only appears with other Heroes has a Hero dependent ability. Colleen Wing is a master swordsman (or swords-woman) and has a Super Power cards that synergistically works with Misty Knights Bionic Enhancement Equipment card. I really like the way the Synergy between the two ladies work out.

If page 1 wasn't cool enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
...page 2 takes us to mystical land of K'un-Lun, then we battle in a other worldly marital arts tournament and finally get to meet the Mortal Combat-esk, Immortal Warriors.

First up, K'un-Lun. If you play a Hero with a +4 Power text anywhere on it's card, you get to draw a card. This is done to represent the skill level and special ability it takes to tap into the powers of K'un-Lun. This is similar to Fat Cobra's card. To purchase him you need a Hero or Villain with +3 Power printed on their card. Basically, if you have Danny Rand you can buy Fat Cobra and activate K'un-Lun's ability.

I love the Immortal Warriors card. It focuses on the teams unique contributions without creating each individual Hero.

Legacy of the Iron Fist allows the card destruction and deck thinning, specifically of Heroes in your hand for VP tokens. It also represents the death of one Iron Fist and the passing of power to the next.

Tournament of Heavenly Cities is the Iron Fist story that introduced the mortal warriors. It stays on the table until each player faces it then it's discarded. Basically, if you don't buy a card from the Line-Up, you loose the tournament which cost you Weaknesses and VP tokens (chi power). Then the card is removed from the game.

Still more to come. We haven't gotten to the special surprise yet. I believe that is the next mini expansion, which is a continuation of the Defenders set.

As always, your feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.