8 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ally ability trigger question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry but I'm new to the whole Realms system.

If I have 2 "Taxation" imperial cards does that mean they trigger each other's ally ability and heal 6 each? If so, that seems really good for a 2 gold investment.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have had to question a few of the imperial combos myself. We only have about 10 games played so I am reserving judgement for a while, but on a number of occasions the imperial faction has flooded the board with guards / champs and healed like crazy while doing it. Our last game was over 100 hp to 0. They seem to combo and flood very easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In star realms, the two cards would trigger each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they do.

When you play an item or action, its top ability happens immediately. The card remains in play.

When you play a champion, nothing happens, but it remains in play.

Ally abilities of any card in play may be activated once per turn as long as there's another card of that faction currently in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Yes, they do.

When you play an item or action, its top ability happens immediately. The card remains in play.

Ally abilities of any card in play may be activated once per turn as long as there's another card of that faction currently in play.

Dang! That taxation card seems OP. I'm a noob to the game though. Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Considering how fast you take damage, they may not be that OP. But life gain is pretty good in Star Realms, anyway. I'd expect the same for Hero Realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Yes, they do.

That is the key here, yes, but let me reiterate this a bit. Item and action (ship in star realms) primary abilities happen when you play them, but the activation order for everything else (champion primary abilities, all allied abilites and scrap abilities) is 100% up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems strong, and it is, but so is any card you can reliably trigger the ally ability of since you are getting two card effects from one card. Consistently triggering the alliance isn't often guaranteed, however, and then the card is nothing to write home about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.