Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game where everything went right and the National Will was sky-high. Rule 11.2 suggests the National Will can exceed 5. I just want to double-check this, since it feels odd there's no way to track it. So I just write it down on a piece of paper or something if it goes higher?

Fun game. About to try the Hapsburg Eclipse combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:
I just played a game where everything went right and the National Will was sky-high. Rule 11.2 suggests the National Will can exceed 5. I just want to double-check this, since it feels odd there's no way to track it. So I just write it down on a piece of paper or something if it goes higher?

Fun game. About to try the Hapsburg Eclipse combo.

I literally move my marker one token-width further along beyond the track. It's worked fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:

During the game, National Will cannot go higher than the 5+ box (rule 10.0).

Rule 11.2 ("add the final value of the Turkish National Will (see 10.0; note that this can exceed +5; use the actual value)") is only for scoring after the game is over. So there's no need to worry about how to "track" it. It's just a one-time calculation of your score after the game is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
gatorskin wrote:

During the game, National Will cannot go higher than the 5+ box (rule 10.0).

Rule 11.2 ("add the final value of the Turkish National Will (see 10.0; note that this can exceed +5; use the actual value)") is only for scoring after the game is over. So there's no need to worry about how to "track" it. It's just a one-time calculation of your score after the game is over.

That is true.

For me personally, I like to track NW for every army movement that affects it and every off-map battle that affects it. I find it easier that way than calculating it at the end of every turn, and there are no surprises. Plus, (and this hasn't happened to me very often), it's nice to watch NW rise higher than 5 sometimes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Leviloff
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Its not really necessary to keep track of National Will over 5. I'd just put it at the 5+ box until it reaches a lower number, if at all. The only time increments above 5 matter is when you are computing victory/defeat and then you can simply recalculate national will at that time as a final check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Darin. It did finally sink in how this works, but thanks for chiming in! Great game, and Hapsburg, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.