23.1% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

David Yomtov
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Carrier platoon advances after combat. Is it subject to ARC?

I say no, because they did ops on foot, but my German foe thought that it was game, since it had an armor strength (of 1).

This is not in the enumerated qualities of carrier platoons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, they are subject to ARC during Advance after Combat because they are still an AFV. However, since the armored value is in a white circle they use the transport pool procedure. Imagine that the platoon may have conducted combat on the ground but when they advanced, the transport got shot at. Now you have to figure out if the platoon was loaded up and suffered losses as well. It's an easy procedure:

Basically, if Germans successfully roll a modified 14 or more during the ARC roll using an anti-tank capable unit, then the transport pool takes a loss. If you haven't depleted your pool yet, record 1 VP for the Germans. If you HAVE already depleted your pool, then they get 2 VP's.

Then, you just roll on the Survival table. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe if you roll a 1 or a 2, then the Carrier platoon also suffers a step loss.

If they survive, then NO step loss. Just record the transport pool loss and VP's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan is correct. All units with a boxed (tracked) or circled (wheeled) Movement Allowance are considered vehicles. The Carrier Platoon is considered a tracked vehicle unit. This helps them out in nearly all game situations, but it does make them more vulnerable than leg infantry with respect to AT fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.