36.4% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Two Day scenario set up on my solo table and I’m ready to start getting after it, but I want to make sure I am clear on the Ranged Fire and Suppression so I am not learning it wrong.

This is an example I set up to illustrate what I’m kind of confused about. The blue arrows are signifying Ranged Fire.

The Soviet infantry is attacking the Finnish stack at the bridge with Pajari (the “3” just means there are 3 units in that stack).

If Soviet MG “C” used Ranged Fire at Finnish MG “A” and received a Suppressed result or better, would “A” be prevented from giving Defensive Ranged Fire to the Pajari stack against the Soviet infantry stack attacking over the bridge?

Or could Finnish MG “A” still use RF defensive support against the Soviet infantry but with the Suppressed marker(s) on Finnish MG “A” counting towards the combat on the bridge?

Or would this have no effect on the combat over the bridge and simply prevent Finnish MG “A” from using Ranged Fire offensive support during the Finnish turn,? If so, would the Finns still be allowed defensive support from MG “A” on the Soviet turn?

Or is this the wrong way to approach it and instead, all MGs should be pointing towards the bridge and adding their RF there?

And while I am just listing it all out here, would Soviet MG “D” have LOS to Finnish MG “B” or do those small islands and bit of land on the hex side obstruct this?

Thank you for taking time to read this and any insight you can offer. I am looking forward to getting this all ironed out and having some firefights out over the ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LeroyJS wrote:
If Soviet MG “C” used Ranged Fire at Finnish MG “A” and received a Suppressed result or better, would “A” be prevented from giving Defensive Ranged Fire to the Pajari stack against the Soviet infantry stack attacking over the bridge?

Yes; see the last sentence of 10.2.

LeroyJS wrote:
Or would this have no effect on the combat over the bridge and simply prevent Finnish MG “A” from using Ranged Fire offensive support during the Finnish turn,?

Note that Suppression markers are removed at the end of the combat phase in which they are placed (10.4.1).

LeroyJS wrote:
And while I am just listing it all out here, would Soviet MG “D” have LOS to Finnish MG “B” or do those small islands and bit of land on the hex side obstruct this?

They do have LOS; see 5.2.4, or the second sentence of 5.0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
LeroyJS wrote:

Yes; see the last sentence of 10.2.

I completely missed this paragraph. Thank you! That clears everything up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.