Subject: Move Special Op and Flying rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konnel Damiano
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
new user
Thanks for any answers. My gaming group is still learning the game—and I love the game play—but having some difficulty tying all the rules together, and this is the only bit that goes over our heads.

1. The rulebook states that the Move×3 Op:

Quote:
Up to three movement points to be used between one or more of your Agents.

2. The game shield states that it may be used during either "dice placement" or "dice resolution".

3. The rulebook also states:

Quote:
Activating a Special Ability is in addition to a player’s normal turn. There is no limit to the number of Special Abilities a player can activate on their turn.

Does all the previous mean that this Op can be activated on die placement to any action? And can the player then activate a Move×3 every time a die is placed? This would have the effect of allowing a player nearly unlimited movement if hoarding cards. The alternative is that the intent is to use it while place a die as a move action or during a move resolution.

The other question is: is activating an agency card to Fly to the listed destination part of an agents' move, or can it be played anytime such as a Special Op?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a one-time special action/operation. It can be played on your turn, in addition to your normal turn. It does not matter if you are placing dice (or where you are placing them) or resolving dice. Once it is played, the token goes back in the bag (or the card is discarded).

You can take as many special actions as you like on each turn. The special actions on the cards work the same way as the tokens. Hoarding of cards is very unlikely (especially since there is a hand limit of 7).

Similar to the special actions, you may use a card to fly on any turn in addition to your normal action. (Don't forget to leave behind Intel!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konnel Damiano
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
new user
Thanks, Carrie. We will try it that way. It certainly introduces more movement into the game, although I have this image of an agent just motorin' and hoovering up intel cubes as he goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 3x move tokens and 6 (out of 48) Agency cards with the 3x move special action. It would shock me if someone were able to collect all of those and still manage to collect the necessary equipment for completing missions. Also, if one player is doing all the moving, there probably won't be many other players' Intel cubes to collect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.