United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a couple back issues of Speilbox a few months ago for the promos (Glass Road promo and the Port Royal promo cards). I expected to just throw the magazines away after getting the promos. The cost of the back issues was about what I expected to pay for the promos alone anyway.

However, and not surprisingly, I found reading these issues cover to cover to be a lot of fun. Learned a lot about a few board games I had never heard of. The articles were well-written and offered a gamer's perspective as well as behind-the-scenes looks at a lot of things. How could a gamer not eat this stuff up?

The short question? Does anyone have back issues lying around they wouldn't mind parting with with cheap? I'm not going to buy the back issues for MSRP as it's just not financially feasible for me and I'm not concerned with any of the promos. Just interested in the articles.

I used to get a relatively obscure jazz magazine (Just Jazz Guitar) that was about 12.00 an issue. After hoarding them for years I decided to pass them on to someone else. I sold them for a little more than the shipping cost. I had no use for them, read them inside and out, and decided someone else should get something out of them too instead of just having them sit in a box. I'm hoping someone out there might find themselves in a similar situation with Spielbox back issues. Too expensive to throw away, yet will likely never read them again.

When I'm done with them I'll pay it forward and sell for whatever I paid for them. That way someone else can read 'em too when I'm done.

For all I know the magazine isn't common enough that anyone has copies hanging around. But I had to ask. If I'm gonna find back issues of Spielbox anywhere it would be right here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be possible to find some

I enjoy reading them as well. I get the german version to practice my written german though, so you would likely not be interested in my old issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could offer you some German ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank so very much, but I am an older English-only reading gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.