Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I'm new to CoH and will be playing solo. Core + solo expansion are on their way, and of course I'm wondering if I'll need firefight generator too.

Is it fun to replay the solo expansion scenarios? Or will I miss the firefight generator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The set up in similar ways across the firefights with some variability due to hidden placement markers. I have replayed a few of them quite happily, and the AI means that the opposing force can change the approach or defence. I too have the Firefight generator but am yet to use it - it does look very interesting, and I suspect will add a ton of "replayability" if that is what you are after.

The game is gorgeous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found the replayability of the Solo expansion to be quite good and so far no multiple plays of the same scenario have ever been the same. The Firefight Generator is excellent to use with the Solo Expansion and in my experience offers even greater re-playability than just the Solo Expansion alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can easely play each solo scenario 4-5 times and have a very different experience each time. Because the AI engine changes to what happens on the battlefield each turn/moves.

A few hints:

- I found scenario 3 and the full German Campaign (4 scenarios long) the best of the lot. Scenario 4 was a little less.

- You can play both sides too in the basic Awakening the Bear game but DO use the solo cards "spend" mechanics as it is a much better way to play the base game than with fixed (or random) AP checks.

In this way you can hop from unit to unit without the need to stay with one unit until the AP costs are used (the computer version of CoH has this same mechanic as an option).

- Attention to a few small changes in the latest downloadable rules:

You can enter smoke with a normal move action.
Each time the AI uses an attack (fire) with a Command (blue) Card, the AI uses a GROUP attack (as the AI units can never be spend with a blue card).

It is best to download the latest version of the rules/scenarios on the Academy website, although the rules really did not change, the mechanics are better explained with other wording.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.