Tramways» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about blocking other player's rail. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JaeSung Choi
South Korea
flag msg tools
mb
I played this game couple days ago, and this was really good.
Before asking some questions, thx about designer for this game

Our last game, Pink player build uncompleted rail for blocking purple. (Left down side) He want to complete that rail in his secondary action phase. so he can complete his rails, and move one passenger.

That's what we argued. I think i can block him too, there are no rule about "You Can't block other players", and he can complete that rails in his turn. But he want to block me, so i think that he choose to some kind of risk.

But other players opinion is "You can't block. Cause if you block that, Pink player can't complete his rails. That isn't write in rules, but that's not permitted like AOS. so That's not legal move."

That's why i upload this.

So Question is, Can i put rail on that space?

And it's not about our last game, but just curious. are rail pieces limited?

Wait for answers. Thx to read

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why purple cannot block pink. Nowhere in the rules there is something that make me think that it is not possible to do so. The purple build satisfies all the rules for building a link. There is no jolly for pink: if you want a link, build it all in one action, elsewhere you risk to be blocked. That is why there is the "redirection" rule: pink must now redirect is link and closing it elsewhere.
By the way, pieces are limited, it is written in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JaeSung Choi
South Korea
flag msg tools
mb
I think that too, but players opinion was divided in that time.

Anyway, Thx to answer. It's really helpful. Have a good day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you for your questions

If the player builds an incomplete link, you can be blocked, that's the game. Moreover the incomplete link costs more Rail workers

There are 12 curves and 12 straight lines, that's it, but that's enough =
So yes, limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Connect to what, though? He cannot connect to green's parcel space, unless green is nice and builds on it before it's purple's next turn... he would have to build a three-part link through mountains up to the green building on the edge - costing a total of SIX rail icons...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, that was not a wise move for pink.
He wanted to block the others, he screwed and now he is the one who's blocked.
That's the game. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Learn the lesson for the next game :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JaeSung Choi
South Korea
flag msg tools
mb
nabla wrote:
Thank you for your questions

If the player builds an incomplete link, you can be blocked, that's the game. Moreover the incomplete link costs more Rail workers

There are 12 curves and 12 straight lines, that's it, but that's enough =
So yes, limited.

Thank you for answer. Completely understand. And Thx for Good game

JadedGamer wrote:
Connect to what, though? He cannot connect to green's parcel space, unless green is nice and builds on it before it's purple's next turn... he would have to build a three-part link through mountains up to the green building on the edge - costing a total of SIX rail icons...

I don't want connect anything, in that situation. I think i can win smoothly, so i want to block other people. and nobody has enough workers. Only option is moving passengers from industry and i have only 4 rail icons. that is why i placed my rail in that place

Tanelorn wrote:
So, that was not a wise move for pink.
He wanted to block the others, he screwed and now he is the one who's blocked.
That's the game. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Learn the lesson for the next game

I'm sure he will. But i thought too that is not wise move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.