5,945 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
I want to make 1 change in the Space Combat CRT since I posted it in files a while back. You might want to walk back the PDM from 4 to 3.

Change the Beam table at 3 Beam vs 2 Shield into a 3 (from a 4), This makes the Terran DD's 3 Beams also better than the Imp. DD's 2 Beams against DD & Ftr with their Shield strength of 2. As well as the CL with Shield =3.

I do this because the Terran DD got the short end of the stick and the small Terran ships need a boost. This is my main help for them. [I see the nerfing of the 1s as being about equal for both sides and that the difference between 1 and to is percentagewise more than the change from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4.]

Its "large" Beam strength is only better than a 2 beam against the Imp. CL, which it will hardly ever get a shot at. So, in addition to weakening the 1 strength weapons, strengthening the 7 Beam vs 9 Shield*, and making most of the Hit# of 7 into 8 or '--', I want to help the Terran DD.

. * . Notes: I actually changed the 8 Beam (but there is no ship with an 8 beam) into a 6 and so that the 7 Beam could remain a Hit# of 7. But, this "change" did "help" the Imp. CA and BB some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
If you don't like this you might like this alternate thought.

Instead of changing the 3 Beam vs 2 Shield, change the 3 Beam vs the 5 Shield to a 5 from a 6. This makes the Terran DD good against the Imp. CR and CA, but not better against the Imp. Ftr and DD.

It seems like a toss up. If we want to make the Terran better against something then, should it be small ships or Large Cruisers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.