Subject: Another Question About Waking Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Hartman

Atlanta
Georgia
msg tools
Howdy all,

Continuing on the adventures, some issues have come up that my groups have had to jimmy-rig rulings for. In this case, we're talking about waking up.

1) I know that "chi" icons provide an extra battle die to use for waking up. This is a cool extra way to cooperate. My assumption is, though, that using the chi die in this way does NOT recover focus for the turtle. Also, the turtle trying to wake up should cover the dice used in this way with a manhole cover. So it's kind of a weakened chi, but they have access to it. Is that other peoples' interpretations?

2) Since the turtles can use the chi rolled, do shell rolls increase the battle dice they get to wake up? In our group, we've ruled AGAINST that, as shells increase your defense rolls, not your defense stat. However, I want to make sure that I'm not missing something and making it a lot harder on the turtles. Oftentimes, I have them pretty well surrounded if I was able to knock them out in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
GrayCatGames wrote:
Howdy all,

Continuing on the adventures, some issues have come up that my groups have had to jimmy-rig rulings for. In this case, we're talking about waking up.

1) I know that "chi" icons provide an extra battle die to use for waking up. This is a cool extra way to cooperate. My assumption is, though, that using the chi die in this way does NOT recover focus for the turtle. Also, the turtle trying to wake up should cover the dice used in this way with a manhole cover. So it's kind of a weakened chi, but they have access to it. Is that other peoples' interpretations?

2) Since the turtles can use the chi rolled, do shell rolls increase the battle dice they get to wake up? In our group, we've ruled AGAINST that, as shells increase your defense rolls, not your defense stat. However, I want to make sure that I'm not missing something and making it a lot harder on the turtles. Oftentimes, I have them pretty well surrounded if I was able to knock them out in the first place.

1) Chi dice work as normal, even for KO'd Heros. They gain focus, give the hero one die of healing, and then are set to another side.

2) Yes, the shells do help for hero wake up rolls. Just as shells on villain cards contribute to their wake-up rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Along with what Delthos said, there's actually very little that changes when a hero is KO'd. They can't activate, and they can't be attacked, but that's about it. It may not be the most thematic of rules, but it does keep things simple, which is what Kevin was going for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GrayCatGames wrote:
Howdy all,

That wasn't how it worked in Playtests.

Remember that Chi icons give Focus and Heal do so "immediately" after they are rolled and are *then* flipped over to another side during the "rolling the action die" section of the turn.
Die sharing is setup during this phase, but the dice aren't actually used until the Hero is activated on their turn.
This means that only the turtle that actually rolls the Chi gets the healing. By the time another Turtle tries to used a shared Die it is already whatever side you flipped it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Hartman

Atlanta
Georgia
msg tools
Yes I butchered this rule, and it's quite embarrassing. I forgot about chi as a wild face all along. Because I am an idiot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.