Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: About the expansion, a few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmb
Considering to getting it , since it's in my local store

I read somewhere that the new factions are OP, is this true ? Maybe because they don't have to cross the river and have some habilites.

Also did anyone tried the automa of the expasion ? My question is if the cards are just for the new factions or they are regular cards with some symbols of the new factions added

Finally ,are they fun to play with and against

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure at some point someone will call every faction OP--you can't believe everything you read, Lyle.

If you'd like to better understand the design process behind the new factions, how not having to cross a river is both a pro and a con, and which core abilities were omitted from those factions, please read this:

http://www.analoggames.com/story/the-scythe-expansion-design...

In fact, for a more informed opinion, check out any of the reviews on this page. I don't recall any of them suggesting the new factions are OP:

http://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/scythe-invaders-from...

The additions to the Automa system were crafted specifically for Invaders from Afar.

The expansion will start arriving at retailers next week. The only people who have played it so far are a few reviewers and playtesters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I'm sure at some point someone will call every faction OP--you can't believe everything you read, Lyle. :)

If you'd like to better understand the design process behind the new factions, how not having to cross a river is both a pro and a con, and which core abilities were omitted from those factions, please read this:

http://www.analoggames.com/story/the-scythe-expansion-design...

In fact, for a more informed opinion, check out any of the reviews on this page. I don't recall any of them suggesting the new factions are OP:

http://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/scythe-invaders-from...

The additions to the Automa system were crafted specifically for Invaders from Afar.

The expansion will start arriving at retailers next week. The only people who have played it so far are a few reviewers and playtesters.

Bottom link doesn't work.... :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I updated it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
My question is if the cards are just for the new factions or they are regular cards with some symbols of the new factions added
Thanks

To answer the question about the new Automa cards, they are the same as the cards in the original Automa deck, with faction specific actions for the new factions. You replace four cards in the original deck with the four new cards. They make no changes to the way the original factions operate, only changes for the new factions.

There's nothing revolutionary in the way the Automa works with the expansion. We did try to take advantage of the cool new elements that Jamey added to the multiplayer game, to make the experience using the new factions with the Automa feel a bit different as well. I certainly hope you'll find it fun. Cheers, David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:

I read somewhere that the new factions are OP, is this true ? Maybe because they don't have to cross the river and have some habilites.

Also did anyone tried the automa of the expasion ? My question is if the cards are just for the new factions or they are regular cards with some symbols of the new factions added

Thanks

Easy answers (all IMHO, of course).
No!
Not yet.
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hect
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When the extra automa decks are available again, will they include the 4 updated cards for the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duplicated thread: About the expansion, a few questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonR32 wrote:
When the extra automa decks are available again, will they include the 4 updated cards for the expansion?

They will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Zappala
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
dgenclass wrote:

Thanks

Scythe? In a local game store...?
I am calling B.S. on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmb
guardianz wrote:
dgenclass wrote:

Thanks

Scythe? In a local game store...?
I am calling B.S. on this.

Maybe my bad English led to a confusion, it's an online store whe2re i live so yeah I didn't found it on a shelf but it's a store where I live sothat's why I called it a local store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.