Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I came across something I would call a boardgame glitch.

What if a monster happens to become cursed (e.g. by Sahla and his hero ability), it says a monster can`t use it`s "arrow" abilities anymore and because a monster can`t do the skillcheck to get rid of it, has to stick to the condition until it`s dead. All actions in the App are marked with the arrow, so does this mean the monster just glitched out and is going to be paralyzed for the rest of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebiroe wrote:
Hey folks,

I came across something I would call a boardgame glitch.

What if a monster happens to become cursed (e.g. by Sahla and his hero ability), it says a monster can`t use it`s "arrow" abilities anymore and because a monster can`t do the skillcheck to get rid of it, has to stick to the condition until it`s dead. All actions in the App are marked with the arrow, so does this mean the monster just glitched out and is going to be paralyzed for the rest of the game?

Actions provided by the app are not "abilities".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So only when the App would use an effect that is on the card, cursed would apply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sebiroe wrote:
So only when the App would use an effect that is on the card, cursed would apply?

Yes, Cursed prevents monsters/heroes from activating abilities that have the action arrow icon. So a Giant would not be able to Sweep, an Ettin wouldn't be able to Throw, etc. Anything else that doesn't fall into this specific category is fine; the app uses the arrow symbol on the activation cards to make it completely clear that it's consuming one of the two actions that unit has, regardless if it's a monster ability or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Weberup
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check out page 15, Appendix IV Monsters and Conditions, of the RTL rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys, all confusion gone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.