Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Arlington
United States
Memphis
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm crossposting from the Solitaire Games on Your Tableop Geeklist since I don't see a ton of session reports here. No play by play on my first ever outing, but will probably do so in future.

Yesterday, I was in the game store and saw Tiny Epic Galaxies for $20 and I was SOLD!

This was my first game EVER of TEG, so I went with the Beginner Rogue Galaxy and eked out a win 22-17. The Rogue Galaxy was only a few Energy away from reaching the end of its development track, an automatic loss for me, when I captured the last planet I needed for the win.

The key for me, assuming I played it right (actually, assuming I played the whole game right, I'll be spending some time in TEG's forums looking up the few rules questions I had) was the colonized planet that let me use the action of any NON-colonized planet and having out there a non-colonized planet with the action of being able to set any unassigned die to any face you wanted. That let me change a couple non-Diplomacy advancement rolls to Diplomacy advancement rolls I needed.

It was only one play, so I don't have any qualified comments on the game yet, but I did enjoy my one play and felt I had plenty of interesting decisions to make and I liked that the game included various levels of Rogue Galaxies to play against for the solo gamer. It felt a lot like the Race for the Galaxy robot. Always pushing you to keep trying to stay ahead of it.

I also like the quick setup and small tabletop area it takes. Every bit of that box is used. Quite brilliant (so far after one play anyway) what you get in that little box.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder at what point Gamelyn started adding those little resource icons to the planets in the bottom left hand corner. I thought the printing that they were doing with TEG: Beyond The Black was the first run of the cards with those little icons, but apparently not. I know the new printing will have the yellow bits with black ink, but this has the white.

It's like Tiny Epic Galaxies 1.5. I wonder if it has the card errata. I'm just curious. Do planets Nagato and Zavodnic have a "once per turn" restriction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
BeardedOne wrote:
Do planets Nagato and Zavodnic have a "once per turn" restriction?
On my copy, yes. Bottom of box says Copyright 2016, GG501.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Do your yellow bits have white ink or black?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
BeardedOne wrote:
Interesting. Do your yellow bits have white ink or black?
White!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Memphis
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy also has the correct restrictions on the cards and the white printing on the yellow tokens. It's annoying because I always like to play with Yellow and it's very hard to read.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.