Subject: Room activation and Engine room star dice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Olson
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I've been playing this the last couple of weeks and have really been enjoying it.

A lot of the questions I've had are already answered in the forum, but I have two that I'm not sure has been answered.

1. Can I use two dice to activate a room?

As like I'm in the Displacement Chamber and require a melee die to activate the jump.

I don't have an available melee die, but I have two range dice. For room activation, can I combine them to make it into the required melee die?

2. Hero Green is in the Engine room but doesn't roll a star die.

Hero Blue isn't in the Engine room but has rolled a star die.

Can Blue give Green the star die and Green can use that to activate the Engine room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to answer yes to both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions but I would say there's no question the answer is yes. The rules say you can combine any pair to be any other symbol. So you would put the two range die, change the top one to a melee die and put it in your room activation reserve. And for the second, yes of course, why wouldn't you? You trade the dice you want and then place them. So Blue gives Green the Star die and Green puts it in the Room Activation Reserve.

For both these cases, then you put them on the correct room activation spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Olson
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, I couldn't think or a reason why not, I just wanted to make sure I'm not gaming the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the key is that even for Room Activations, the dice start on the player mat in the special spot, so they're the same as any other dice set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.