Subject: Question about the wise title and box 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louissimon Lefebvre
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have the wise title and an advisor that let's you buy another advisor at the end of your turn, do you have the opportunity to buy 2, since the title says"when you buy an advisor, you may buy another"?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Now a question about curses. There is a structure that says "when you remove damages, you may remove curses alos" one player in our group tought that you HAD to have normal damage to repair for this location to work on curse, but the rest tought that It should be read as "when you would remove damage", meneaning that anytime you used the action repair at the location with the structure you could remove the curse. Toughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually when one person argues with the whole group, the one person is being silly. That's my analysis here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QCbob wrote:
If you have the wise title and an advisor that let's you buy another advisor at the end of your turn, do you have the opportunity to buy 2, since the title says"when you buy an advisor, you may buy another"?

Quote:
Now a question about curses. There is a structure that says "when you remove damages, you may remove curses alos" one player in our group tought that you HAD to have normal damage to repair for this location to work on curse, but the rest tought that It should be read as "when you would remove damage", meneaning that anytime you used the action repair at the location with the structure you could remove the curse. Toughts?

My thinking would be that (Box 3 spoiler)
curses are special damage cards that can't be removed in the same way normal damage cards can. The purpose of that structure is to eliminate that exception, allowing them to be removed as normal damage cards. So not only would a repair action allow you to remove curses, ending a sail action at a Port structure would, too.

That being said, I don't have the exact wording in front of me, so I could be misremembering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.