United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Heyo!

So, folks are getting their copies, and I thought I'd throw out a little variant that I nearly included in the rules if not for page count limitations.

Basically, take out 10 random capability cards from the deck and give each player two. Then each player secretly chooses one. The unused capability cards are discarded and not shuffled in (so the deck will be a little light on capabilities. All players reveal their starting capabilities alongside their starting loyalties.

All starting capabilities begin "active."

That's it!

Also, sometime later I'll post a couple historical scenarios, one 4 topple game that starts in 1823 and another 2 topple game that starts a little later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
Heyo!

So, folks are getting their copies, and I thought I'd throw out a little variant that I nearly included in the rules if not for page count limitations.

Basically, take out 10 random capability cards from the deck and give each player two. Then each player secretly chooses one. The unused capability cards are discarded and not shuffled in (so the deck will be a little light on capabilities. All players reveal their starting capabilities alongside their starting loyalties.

All starting capabilities begin "active."

That's it!

Also, sometime later I'll post a couple historical scenarios, one 4 topple game that starts in 1823 and another 2 topple game that starts a little later.

Awesome! Thanks for making this. That is what I love about games from you and Phil. Little add ins and tidbits after the game has been released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To give it better visibility, could you include it in the living rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
To give it better visibility, could you include it in the living rules?

I imagine I will. As folks play the expansion, I'm sure rules questions will come up and there will be another version of the living rules up in a few months. Hopefully I get the historical scenarios nailed down by then as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.