Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikołaj Korwin
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
new user
Hi all!
I made my own mega boss (size 6x6)

It is an evil tree (I haven't come up with the name yet) maybe Spriggan elder gone crazy...

I need to make a monster card for it and maybe you got some ideas for the attacks/values for the boss.

It has two independent root hands that can move around the tile, custom treasure chest and a character can be placed on top of the tree.

Let me know your thoughts.

I appreciate any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

WOW, I love your sculpting! The details on all your bases are great too. And what's the other rat sculpt you've got in your gallery?

What material do you sculpt with? Could you give a basic tutorial? I'd love to make something similar, because this is SO COOL.

Gameplay ideas:
--Placing the character on top of the tree is such an awesome gameplay idea! Maybe characters are immune to attack from the root hands while they're up there?
--He's extra vulnerable to fire, and maybe there's some environmental effects to give characters other than the apprentice the ability to use fire attacks.
--Hands and body have separate HP. He periodically puts his root hands back in the ground to regenerate health for his "body", as long as his root-hands are alive.
--I'd totally find a way to incorporate the rabid squirrels from Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King since I have them lying around.
--I like the idea of the corrupted Spriggan elder...there could be an easier way to kill him outright (but at great cost to the later story), and a harder way to remove the corruption but keep him alive (with benefits to the later story, or special blessings/benefits/loot cards bestowed on the heroes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and I will also ask, have you shared this on the Megacon forums? There's a pretty active group over there that doesn't necessarily cross over with the BGG crowd. You might get some good advice there as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikołaj Korwin
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
new user
Thank you for all kind words.

I thought that it should have separate HP.
I love the regeneration move! and the alternate win option is sooo cool. I will try to put them all into some order.

The rat sculpt is my new project, I hope to make 5 in total. hopefully I can keep up the fire to make the whole board and rules too.
I used green stuff for rat sculpt and self hardening clay for the tree.
Im discovering polymer clay now.

If you are interested there is a really good channel on youtube that I'm learning from:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuFJ2v_GEkLOoJEY1oQh2A

This is the guy that works for Megacon, I envy his skills soo much. Makes me wanna practice more.

Do you know the link to the official community? Myth is my first board game and I'm new to the whole thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikołaj Korwin
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
new user
And I should think about sculpting few rabid squirrels anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, welcome to the hobby then too!

The forum is http://megacongames.vanillaforums.com/categories/myth

Tom Mason actually just left Megacon for a corporate job designing packaging inserts or somesuch, if you can believe it! I'm gonna miss his sculpts. I will definitely check out his channel.

Be sure to keep posting your creations here, they're great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikołaj Korwin
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
new user
It was actually Toms style that made me buy all the expansions available for the game... I wonder if Megacon can maintain style with other sculptor.

Thank you for encouragement! Second mini is on its way, I will defiantly post the pics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wronin wrote:
It was actually Toms style that made me buy all the expansions available for the game... I wonder if Megacon can maintain style with other sculptor.

Thank you for encouragement! Second mini is on its way, I will defiantly post the pics!

We'll see. You gotta remember, though, that Tom's sculpts were based on Keith's artwork. Not saying that Tom didn't put his personal flair into these because he did ... I'm just suggesting that should we ever get Myth Master and beyond (with new figures), I'm thinking that contract sculpters can get close to Tom's original work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikołaj Korwin
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
new user
Mistermannindy wrote:
Wronin wrote:

We'll see. You gotta remember, though, that Tom's sculpts were based on Keith's artwork. Not saying that Tom didn't put his personal flair into these because he did ... I'm just suggesting that should we ever get Myth Master and beyond (with new figures), I'm thinking that contract sculpters can get close to Tom's original work.

I count on that. I just received my Journeyman expansions few hours ago.:]]]] I can still feast my eyes on Toms work. Love the reptilian boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.