Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Desrochers
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm wondering if the playmat is essential or more of a luxury ?

For me, in Canada, it's around 40$ CAN for a playmat, shipping included...

Sure, a playmat keeps things organized and pimp the game a notch...but is 40$ Worth it ?

Will you play with or without the playmat ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luxury for sure. Nice to have, but not needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a graphic designer who has access to a 44" roll printer, foam-core, and a heat press.... I'll be making my own playmat.

If I didn't have access to those, then no, I wouldn't buy it. $40 can get a whole different game and to me that's more worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that anything considered a must would be included in the basic package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a point to consider, the playmat has to be stored outside the box. I'm passing this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
This one is easy, it's a luxury that's a must!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I'm pretty sure that anything considered a must would be included in the basic package.

At the $55,000 stretch goal level it lists a playmat with the nemesis cards. Provided of course you KS'ed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
godzilla999666 wrote:
Also a point to consider, the playmat has to be stored outside the box. I'm passing this time.

The playmat can be folded pretty easily to fit in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
Trump wrote:

At the $55,000 stretch goal level it lists a playmat with the nemesis cards. Provided of course you KS'ed it.

That is the playmat for the nemesis itself, not the "game board" playmat that is being discussed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You don't need it to play. It just makes the game area easier to manage.

As long as you're organized, you should know what goes where. So you won't need the mat. I've played half a dozen of games and never felt lost, even though I played using a Sentinels of the Multiverse mat

While it is a fine way to enhance the game, it is not required at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
Trump wrote:

That is the playmat for the nemesis itself, not the "game board" playmat that is being discussed here.

Ooooooh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not a must
In fact, I don't like it. First, the orientation is weird. Vertically, the cards/text is Easier to read; horizontally, the cards/text are sideways, forcing you to crane your neck in order to read everything. So, while horizontally is the preferred layout (think of a regular rectangular board between two players) the design does not support an ease of reading in that orientation. Playing with it vertically, if I'm making sense, is awkward. I'd save the money. But to each their own. I'm sure others love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.