Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Idea for different Investigator Marker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Traxinger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I find that the Investigator Mini Cards love to suck right onto my table and never let go. So I end up sliding the card to the locations and dragging cards with me as I go.

My Idea is to buy some small wooden discs (an inch in diameter), paint them the appropriate class color with a grey toned underside and paint the corresponding class symbol in the center of each disc. They would be easy to pick up, move and flip, as well as easy to see. You could set them right on the location card.

What do you think? The only problem I see is if there are multiple people playing the same class when the future expansions come out.

~Stay board.
Wookietrax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, cardboard tokens would have been better than cards for this game. The cards are just probably easier for them to produce in small quantities as the expansions come out. I'll probably do something similar to what you are doing, either that or buying the investigator minis for these characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
or pick these up from Amazon for a few bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFWQ444/ref=oh_aui_deta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just using Mansions of Madness figures that I painted and just knocking them down instead of flipping them over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just use some random tokens and put them on the card to mark that they are "flipped" over.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the solutions I am using

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/10/gatewa...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the dollar store and get some small binder clips. They work well for standing up cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old spirit
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of the class symbol. But, after reading your inquiry, I am going to scan each investigator and apply them to a 1 inch disc (black and white version on the flip side). Then, I'm going to create 'action' tokens with the class icon and a number (1-3, they are to help keep track of the number of actions used). I'll post pics when I'm done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bennett
msg tools
A set of wooden discs I made for Elder Sign. I'm considering doing this for AH LCG as well at some point, using wooden discs matching the class color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skeezix55 wrote:
A set of wooden discs I made for Elder Sign. I'm considering doing this for AH LCG as well at some point, using wooden discs matching the class color.

Fantastic! I'm gonna do the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.