Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says, will there eventually be a pledge level to just pay a sum and get the game plus all add ons?

Or will backers just be required to do the math etc. and add extras manually?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the last comments in that context were, that they are thinking about it.

so until further notice it still means adding manually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Much more fun to do it manually!! Those moments of frustration trying to make sure you didn't miss any of the add ons. Double checking your math just like you did in grade school. Writing all you ordered down to make sure when the pledge manager comes thru they/you didn't miss anything!
Ah, those heady days!

(Come on Monolith...do all those people who support you a favor. Drop the marketing ploys and have a "one button purchases all" option. shake)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kraus
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if they wanted to add this, it would not come until the very end of the campaign to ensure that all additional add-ons are accounted for. So, while I doubt they will create this pledge level, if they do it should come later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
As mentioned, until they know exactly where the campaign is going to end up they can't figure out whether an all-in pledge is doable or how much it will cost. If we do see it, don't expect it for a little while yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
As the title says, will there eventually be a pledge level to just pay a sum and get the game plus all add ons?

Or will backers just be required to do the math etc. and add extras manually?

Note that you don't really need to do the math. You have two good alternatives:

1. Threads here and comments in the KS campaign frequently include people posting complete lists. You can use that to get the total. This may be especially useful if, like me, you have no interest in an art book or an RPG (which would be included in an "all in" pledge).

2. You can throw $200 or so at it and then wait for the pledge manager. In the PM, you can go down the line and check everything you want. It will then tell you how much more you need to add. You'll need to do this step for shipping anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
asgorn wrote:
I think the last comments in that context were, that they are thinking about it.

so until further notice it still means adding manually.

I confirm that we are thinking about this but no decision is taken at this stage. We weep you posted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redben wrote:
As mentioned, until they know exactly where the campaign is going to end up they can't figure out whether an all-in pledge is doable or how much it will cost. If we do see it, don't expect it for a little while yet.

I think the easiest thing to do is to have an "expansions and add-on box" before the KS ends. It would contain all the miniature expansions - but not the art book, RPG book and clips, dice and terrain. This bundle of say 6 add-ons will then come at a slightly reduced price.

Most KS do something like this. Especially with Early Backers: they won't be happy if they have to drop the EB to go for the all-in pledge.
And a lot of people won't want extra clips, dice or books.
Perhaps there can be an extra add-on or added to the bundled expansion box: just enough clips to have one for each unit.

Anyhow, that's how I'd envisage it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's how would do it also if I was going to do it, but I'd want to be near the end of the campaign so I knew just how much was likely to be raised, how much I'd committed to make, and to try and estimate what impact I thought an all-in pledge would have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redben wrote:
That's how would do it also if I was going to do it, but I'd want to be near the end of the campaign so I knew just how much was likely to be raised, how much I'd committed to make, and to try and estimate what impact I thought an all-in pledge would have.

Seems very likely. It's hard to set a price when you won't know what will be in it. I predict that an "all-in add-on box" won't be revealed before the last week, perhaps even the last days, of this KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Between this, new KDM and Christmas? MY POOR WALLET!! Can you guys hold off the PM until ---- idk, Bastille Day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.