Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello All. Have a question on the transfer of Leaders. I'm playing the DAY OF DAYS scenario. 3rd Para Bde commander Hill is on DZ V, elements of his Bde ( one BN) have dropped on DZ K which is roughly 15 hexes away give or take. So at the end of a Formation activation or a Division activation he can transfer to a unit on DZ K ?.
I understand the rule 21.2 but how does this play out ? How can the Leader move so far, who is with him how is he moving is it with a personal jeep and who is going with him. I might add that the ground in between these two Drop zones is no mans land. I know what occurred historically so I am curious how this is possible. What if the distance was even greater is this realistic ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly legal in the game. I don't find it historically troublesome but if you do, you could make a house rule to cover it.

It might help to remember that the leader counter doesn't represent his actual presence or location but rather where his attention is focused
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curtis
United States
Christiana
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam description of the Leaders attention and not his actual location is how I think of it. Also, I don't think of the leader as a person, but a dedicated staff of officers/soldiers, faithfully carrying out your orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.