Subject: RPG vs Artbook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
What's the difference between the recent release RPG book and the Art book? I wanted something that have all the characters and description about them. Which one should I get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The RPG book is a different game (a roleplaying game) that uses the background from the miniature game.

It will have lots of background information (but it won't have it on everything), while the artbook surely focuses more on the art than on the lore.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
khian wrote:
What's the difference between the recent release RPG book and the Art book? I wanted something that have all the characters and description about them. Which one should I get?

the rpg book then i guess.A lot of background.

Artbook is an artbook. Illustrations fullpage and bio of some of the artists.

Two differents things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, the RPG is the one you want of those two. The artbook is exactly that. It'll pick out around 100 of what the creators think are the best pieces of art, and present them in a book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
frankly, right now the infos about the rpg book are quite thin.

without knowing more, it's hard to say how much background the book will have beyond the direct and internal use.
don't even know how much rpg you get for the price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
In terms of page count it's around 300 (appropriately enough lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
redben wrote:
In terms of page count it's around 300 (appropriately enough lol)

didn't see anything about the size in the update or the comments, but if that's about it, it looks not bad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
It was the figure given by Leo a few times in tonight's live stream. He also mentioned it'll contain a lot of background material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ah ok didn't catch that live stream.

I'm not much a fan of live streams as information delivery systems, they usually need too much time to get to the point and are not really searchable when it comes down to back checking facts that were mentioned somewhere sometime in a live stream or video.
There are information like game-play demonstrations that profit from the medium 'video', however the modern tendency to youtubify every bit of information that would be easier accessible in a few sentences and a picture is a pet peeve of mine, with which I have to live - sorry for the rambling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's not so much that ths information is held back for a video, as it is that Leo spends around an hour every other evening answering questions, and that is one that got asked. They obviously did not anticipate the page count being of sufficient interest to make it part of the update. The company doing the rpg are also active in the comments on the KS page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I think it's going to be awesome to use the miniatures in the RPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RPG comes with ten numbered dice, whose add-on cost is $10. I guess $40 is about right for an RPG game, so, if you were going to buy the dice anyway, the RPG might be worth buying. For a start, look up reviews of the author's works, as well as that of the publishing house, Blackbook Editions, including translations and typos.

"We are also very happy that they chose Romain d'Huissier as the author of this new game, as he is both an expert in Greek myth as well as a well-known writer on RPGs. He was one of the authors of ENnie Award-winning RPG Qin: The Warring States, and has also been writing for the legendary Casus Belli magazine."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
khian wrote:

In your case, I think that RPG is more appropriate as it will contain plenty of background and characters' description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope we will see some gameplay vids of the RPG version.

A lot is still unknown. If we are not going to play on the MB game boards, what will we play on then? I read that there will be a dungeon master, but how does that work? Also, it seems most monsters in the RPG are in the KS, but not all. Which aren't? Do we also use the game's dashboards for the monsters? Will there be money and loot drops involved?

A lot of questions yet to be answered. Basically we hardly know anything at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
I hope we will see some gameplay vids of the RPG version.

A lot is still unknown. If we are not going to play on the MB game boards, what will we play on then?

It's a role playing game.you can play with a pen and paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.