Subject: New Member rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a dream come true for me, i found a copy of KDM And have assembled The first miniatures as indicated in The rulebook.

I have a few questions, sorry if they have been asked before, but there are 1600+ posts about KDM.

I understand that i will have to store The minis in a seperate box (like many other games) but what about The map, rules And sheets ? Do you store them underneath The cards?

What other minis should i assemble now ? I saw on the lantern site that there are many and that the first story is short.

Is it best to play with the same people all the time, or can i just go on, say solo, or with other friends sometimes?

I read that some parts of the manual are best not read at all, is That so ?

I am sure that I have more questions but for now thank you for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard!

The board is basically impossible to store in the box without modification, I just leave it on top of the box when it's packed. Minis also don't work without box modification (probably not worth it). Paper's light enough to keep in the box, but we've transferred all rulebooks to another box.

Assemble the 4 basic, lion, antelope, butcher. That'll last you the first 15+ hours. Don't assemble modular survivors until you've got some experience (unless you're fine with bad builds etc.). In the longer run, I'd suggest assembling all the monsters and not touching the other survivors until you've won or lost at least one campaign.

I'd recommend tracking multiple campaigns over alternating who's playing in one.

Yes, read the manual in order through the first story (it's a very good tutorial etc.) and read the glossary. Try not to read any events until they're triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That helps a lot, Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah all that paper (cards, sheets and rulebook) contributes way too much to the weight and the box cannot survive any slight mishandling.

Although it's a nice insert for the cards, I don't want to risk it so have placed the minis (except for the phoenix) in the core box. The token trays are perfect to store survivor figures. The cards and book got in another separate box.

I just wrap the minis up in foam sheets (not sure what they are called, they are the white wrapping that's the soft foam material.

I made a makeshift cardboard support/ways so the encounter board can stay on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're happy to do a bit of DIY I'd recommend taking a couple of hours to build yourself a foam core insert for the box. There's a great design in the files section here that will allow you to better store all your cards and put the game board back on top. You can also buy inserts on eBay, but I really enjoyed making my own, customising this game and pimping it out is really worthwhile to make your copy your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Box insert plan here; https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129695/box-insert-plan-st...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
For an easier but pricier solution, a big ol' hunk of pluck foam is a good way to store all of the smaller minis, including the White Lion and Screaming Antelope. As long as it's at least a 2.5-3 inches thick, you can keep a bunch of minis at the bottom while the foam supports boards and components on top.

Something like this (but shop around).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Welcome to your new addiction. If...ahem, When you have rules questions, we're always here to help. Don't forget to check the KDM Reddit page, either.

Good to see a new face! Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.