Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: deck building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
corey hedlund
United States
California
flag msg tools
we are about to start up one of the expansions and i was wondering...

do you add all the expansion cards (depending on which path you choose) to your deck? or just replace them one at a time as you complete modules?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew H
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can just add all the cards. The quest cards won't be used since you're presumably doing the module but the item cards and merchants are fair game from both expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matthew miwunderstood your question.
The card's path are not added to your deck for free, they work like the previous advanced card. You must earn a deck manipulation to make a change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corey hedlund
United States
California
flag msg tools
doesnt seem like its that big of an advancement then. having to wait for several adventures just to swap a few cards... especially since most of the journeyman cards are based on combos.

if we have previous cards we swapped for green lvl cards, can we go back and change those to the journeyman lvl? or once you swapped out your deck is perm that state.

thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest treating deck manips like a MtG sideboard; once you earn a card, it's yours, and you're free to swap in/out such cards before a quest/adventure/module/whatever. The only restriction is that you take a card out when swapping one in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a fantasy deck building game, I wouldn't suggest Myth as the deck is relatively fixed once the mission is underway. Myth is a great Card driven dungeon crawl, maximising your card play.

I would recommend Mistfall and its expansions as you build and control your deck throughout the game. Some great mechanics to impact the draw order etc. Mistfall is about maximising your card play and the Draw Deck.

Both games have great character combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
msg tools
Remember they added the ability to spend 6 Serendipity on a deck manipulation with Journeyman so switching in cards can happen quicker if you choose to spend it that way and you can swap in two cards at once if you earned one from a Boss kill so the Combos can go in together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khali wrote:
Remember they added the ability to spend 6 Serendipity on a deck manipulation with Journeyman so switching in cards can happen quicker if you choose to spend it that way and you can swap in two cards at once if you earned one from a Boss kill so the Combos can go in together.

Thanks I havent looked at Journeyman for a long time , I am waiting for it to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
msg tools
@Jerry, same here also in UK waiting for Journeyman. There was a thread on the MCG forums recently which mentioned the 6 serendipity which is the only reason I remembered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Khali wrote:
@Jerry, same here also in UK waiting for Journeyman. There was a thread on the MCG forums recently which mentioned the 6 serendipity which is the only reason I remembered it.

My guess is this is clearly stated in the JM rules. Can anyone who's received confirm this?

As an aside - I'm a little surprised these rules haven't been posted at McG site. All other collateral has been made public, so I find it odd that this hasn't. Maybe just an oversight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Clearly, yes, but it's been kind of snuck into the rule set. It's listed on the back of the book in the "Additions to Serendipity" table. There are 11 new uses, which include manipulating the treasure bag, up to and including adding gold (8) and orange (10) tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.