Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Just picked up the game...question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Burrows
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
My son and I just picked up the game after watching the Tabletop episode the other day. I am curious about something. Once you flip the first tile and go into the sewer, the tile is in the opposite orientation as they were playing on tabletop. Their tile was flipped with the grate on the other side. Wouldn't this change the play? Also, the minions ignore water current right? Then the rat warriors on tabletop would not have been pushed off the board right?

Just a little confused.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soldiermedic1331 wrote:
My son and I just picked up the game after watching the Tabletop episode the other day. I am curious about something. Once you flip the first tile and go into the sewer, the tile is in the opposite orientation as they were playing on tabletop. Their tile was flipped with the grate on the other side. Wouldn't this change the play? Also, the minions ignore water current right? Then the rat warriors on tabletop would not have been pushed off the board right?

Just a little confused.

Thanks.
Tabletop often get things wrong (and Wil has admitted to this).

you flip the tile so that the orientation of the arrow remains the same

but yes, minions ignore water, mousetraps, redlines, and probably a few other things i'm forgetting. they have to be on an actual space (can't walk through walls or anything), but other than that, it's fair game, and they don't really care about what else is going on around them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Burrows
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
So not only do minions not end their move once hitting water, they aren't forced away by current.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soldiermedic1331 wrote:
So not only do minions not end their move once hitting water, they aren't forced away by current.
correct. all spaces are the same for them. the only thing they have to worry about with the terrain really is line of sight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.