Subject: Why is the Red box more popular? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
I got the Blue one so I wonder why red is more popular? I haven;t played the game yet is 3 people a ok number to play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brogdon
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Everyone I know has a blue box. So.......

Three should work just fine for a player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
No difference, just the blue box art is a bit ugly.

I strongly suspect that 3 players is by far the easiest player count. We found the campaign fairly easy, and we've been told it would have been more fun if we'd had a harder time of it. For those reasons I'd try and rustle up a fourth player if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:
I got the Blue one so I wonder why red is more popular? I haven;t played the game yet is 3 people a ok number to play it?

Because of science

I like blue but have to buy red
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:

I strongly suspect that 3 players is by far the easiest player count. We found the campaign fairly easy, and we've been told it would have been more fun if we'd had a harder time of it. For those reasons I'd try and rustle up a fourth player if you can.

We played with three and just had a fourth communal character. We also ramped up the difficulty by always drawing random roles for every game. We had to open the four losses in a row box but we had fun making it challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
johnyutah7 wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

We played with three and just had a fourth communal character. We also ramped up the difficulty by always drawing random roles for every game. We had to open the four losses in a row box but we had fun making it challenging.

I think the fourth character is a good idea, but choosing characters is too significant to randomise. Given that I will never play it again, I wish we had known what a difference three characters would make. We played 14 games total, and I won't say any more than that to avoid spoilers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:

Are you sure red is more popular? (any numbers from Zman on that?), from boxes I've seen around and also from which box seemed to have been sold out more often in online shops, I would have thought blue was more popular at least here in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to the store and i bought the one they had
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Despite the bad science on the blue box, I wanted it because I prefer the colour.

But it was out of stock at the online retailer, so I took red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
johnyutah7 wrote:

I think the fourth character is a good idea, but choosing characters is too significant to randomise.....

I sort of agree with this, but I do wish there was more incentive to mix up what characters you use. We player with 4 players, and there was one we used every single game, and several more that we used almost every game. There were a couple that were useful for certain chunks of the campaign, but for the most part it felt like we were using the same characters over and over and others were left behind.

And of course the character upgrades tend to make this problem worse since I'll boost the ones I like and they'll then be even better. I suppose in theory scars are supposed to mitigate this, but we hardly got any until the last couple games, so it was never a thing.

I kept hoping that there would be an event or plot devise that would pull the other characters back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.