Hide
4 Posts

7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: two pantheon spaces left for gate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mattle elttam
msg tools
If I understand the rule correctly, here comes a situation in which there are two pantheon spaces left after age 1.

A player constructed "The Divine Theater" wonder, and activate the "Zeus" divinity, which discard a card holding a mythology token.

In this case, "When you place a Mythology token in front of yourself, you immediately draw the first two Divinity cards blah blah blah..........." does not apply, and you end up having 2 empty spaces in the pantheon after age 1.

Did I make any mistake? If no, then where to put the Gate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

Official ruling here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24179586#24179586

If you use Zeus to discard a card with a Mythology token, you apply the effect of the token (add a God to the Pantheon) first. Though not stated, I'm assuming this means you get to keep the token, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
sahava wrote:
Hi,

Official ruling here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24179586#24179586

If you use Zeus to discard a card with a Mythology token, you apply the effect of the token (add a God to the Pantheon) first. Though not stated, I'm assuming this means you get to keep the token, too.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
As I wrote in that post: I'm still wondering whether this came up in a real game or just after carefully reading the rules. It wouldn't be 'less legal' as a concern if its theoretical only. I'm just curious, because I still cannot imagine someone would build Divine Theatre and use Zeus for a face down card in age I.

Keeping the token in that case and not only applying it, would be consistent. I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.