Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got to try out the new set. Game play seemed very much the same as before. The contents seemed really nice. The models looked great even though I don't care much for they heavily armored orcs, personal preference though. Humans were also nice and dynamic. The lineman vs blitzers seemed a little hard to tell which was which but I'm sure after s few games or some paint that goes away. But all in all I had a blast and can't wait for the release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
So I got to try out the new set. Game play seemed very much the same as before. The contents seemed really nice. The models looked great even though I don't care much for they heavily armored orcs, personal preference though. Humans were also nice and dynamic. The lineman vs blitzers seemed a little hard to tell which was which but I'm sure after s few games or some paint that goes away. But all in all I had a blast and can't wait for the release.

The game does come with a sheet of transfers so you can label your players to clearly identify their roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
thor0298 wrote:

The game does come with a sheet of transfers so you can label your players to clearly identify their roles.

Yes it does. Painting might help too if you are a painter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
thor0298 wrote:

Yes it does. Painting might help too if you are a painter

Painting will definitely help.

I just wanted to let people know that GW included an easy way to identify the models that didn't involve painting, if the thought of the hobby aspect makes them feel a bit gulp

These are pretty sweet:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most definitely. Thanks for posting it. My real point dad that was the only thing in the whole box that I didn't like. The models actually stick together with no glue fairly well too. And I believe the max pieces per model is three so they are very friendly to people who may not want to model. Or only model a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for posting that image of the transfers. Does anyone know if the position names (Thrower, Catcher etc.) are small enough to fit onto the rim of the bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edmonton911 wrote:
Thanks for posting that image of the transfers. Does anyone know if the position names (Thrower, Catcher etc.) are small enough to fit onto the rim of the bases?

Although I haven't seen them personally, that is the intention with them. On the GW page they have handpainted the player positions around the bases, and these transfers should do the same job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Edmonton911 wrote:

Although I haven't seen them personally, that is the intention with them. On the GW page they have handpainted the player positions around the bases, and these transfers should do the same job.

They are supposed to go there. I'm going to my store tomorrow if I remember I'll check and see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
I'm going to my store tomorrow if I remember I'll check and see

Thanks. I had no idea that demo copies had already hit stores.

EDIT: Being thick. Don't mind me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are consistent differences though if you know what to look for. Human Blitzers have an exaggerated fin on their helms while the linemen have a smaller more subdued fin for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.