Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect timing for the UK Secret Santas ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liron Levy
Israel
Holon
flag msg tools
mb
Omertron wrote:
Perfect timing for the UK Secret Santas ...

Also really good for Israel,canada and more places with high game prices and high delivery...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What courier do they use for UK deliveries?

EDIT: Found it, Royal Fail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For comparison, Firestorm Games offer 10% off RRP on their stock all the time, and do free shipping inside the UK for orders over £35. I think 365games maybe have the larger range, but I've never found their special offers to be that special.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrokenMnemonic wrote:
For comparison, Firestorm Games offer 10% off RRP on their stock all the time, and do free shipping inside the UK for orders over £35. I think 365games maybe have the larger range, but I've never found their special offers to be that special.

How much is it a discount, if they do it all the time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
[q="BrokenMnemonic"]For comparison, Firestorm Games offer 10% off RRP on their stock all the time,
I think 365 games sell most things at below RRP most of the time; RRP is a pretty meaningless concept and a discount off RRP is no kind of bargain. Use boardgameprices.co.uk to compare. Mainly you are perfectly safe buying on price. Just avoid Wayland games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Just avoid Wayland games.

Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:

Why?
Lots of complaints about misleading stock levels, orders taking weeks or never being sent at all. Obviously there are also some good stories but have a search in the Discussing Retailers forum for a wider opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
have a search
Good tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
BrokenMnemonic wrote:

But this isn't 10% off RRP, this is 10% off existing prices, which are already below RRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second that about Wayland games. Their free shipping offer is also a joke as it pretty much excludes everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liron Levy
Israel
Holon
flag msg tools
mb
Dunno if 365 are good for UK buyers...
But for countries which have high board game prices and high shipment from Europe or us they are almost all the time the cheapest...

I think for Israel they almost 90% the cheapest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Tsolov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This code is valid for http://www.shop4world.com also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:

Why?
Lots of complaints about misleading stock levels, orders taking weeks or never being sent at all. Obviously there are also some good stories but have a search in the Discussing Retailers forum for a wider opinion.

Cheers for the info.

enoon wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
have a search
Good tip!

How very helpful of you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
have a search
Good tip!
You're welcome, A lot of folks forget one can use Google to search boardgamegeek - this can give better results than using BGGs own search tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have the best price I could find for Islebound
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
have a search
Good tip!
You're welcome, A lot of folks forget one can use Google to search boardgamegeek - this can give better results than using BGGs own search tool.

When someone mentions something in a conversation, I'll usually just ask that same person for more detail rather than looking for info elsewhere, thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
have a search
Good tip!

When someone mentions something in a conversation, I'll usually just ask that same person for more detail rather than looking for info elsewhere, thanks...

If this was a face-to-face conversation, I'd agree with you. However, there's a pause between posts here. Perfect for googling or searching

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
negatrev wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
have a search
Good tip!

If this was a face-to-face conversation, I'd agree with you. However, there's a pause between posts here. Perfect for googling or searching

His statement 'avoid wayland games' is the first thing that will come up in a search about this and he decided to mention it in a thread about a different retailer, so I asked why here, since it needed qualification, not just for me, but anyone else reading this thread. InappropriateAndy gave the perfect succinct response which covered it, unfortunately enoon gave one that added nothing to the conversation...

PS I asked 3 minutes after he mentioned it, which is hardly a pause in forum world laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
he decided to mention it in a thread about a different retailer,
I mentioned it in connection with boardgameprices.co.uk and the observation that one can safely buy on price from all retailers listed, except Wayland Games (in my experience*]. This was germane to the thread since it would allow price comparison with 365games' 10% discount on all items and the observation about Firestorm cards selling at 10% off RRP.

Quote:
PS I asked 3 minutes after he mentioned it, which is hardly a pause in forum world laugh
But you would have had to wait for an unknown amount of time for me to reply. Had I had the opportunity to reply before you were given the answer I would have suggested you use google to do a forum search which would have given you your answer in a known amount of time.

* Moreover, the answer would have contained opinion and experience from other people, adding to the value of the answer you would have found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
negatrev wrote:
he decided to mention it in a thread about a different retailer,
I mentioned it in connection with boardgameprices.co.uk and the observation that one can safely buy on price from all retailers listed, except Wayland Games (in my experience*]. This was germane to the thread since it would allow price comparison with 365games' 10% discount on all items and the observation about Firestorm cards selling at 10% off RRP.

Quote:
But you would have had to wait for an unknown amount of time for me to reply. Had I had the opportunity to reply before you were given the answer I would have suggested you use google to do a forum search which would have given you your answer in a known amount of time.

* Moreover, the answer would have contained opinion and experience from other people, adding to the value of the answer you would have found.

But not for anyone else reading this thread, hence asking it here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.