Hide
5 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leaping and flipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg ivan
msg tools
When it says "straight line" does that include diagonal?

LoS and shooting is a "straight line" which include diagonal
You can move diagonal

Example, donnie flipping a guy off a roof "straight" behind him would put him on the other building with no fall damage, but diagonally would toss him to the street.

Likewise, Leo could leap diagonally to an un occupied space if he could. Albeit this looks like a long jump on steroids

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
We interpreted it as diagonal. I think it would be rather limited if not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
ivangamer84 wrote:
donnie flipping a guy off a roof "straight" behind him would put him on the other building with no fall damage

The thing is, there is no facing in this game, so there is no "behind" in any real sense. Thus, it would seem to me that Donnie could fling the character in a straight line in whatever direction he wishes. I think the "straight" part was put in there to make it official that you can't fling a character around a corner (e.g., blocking terrain).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
ivangamer84 wrote:
donnie flipping a guy off a roof "straight" behind him would put him on the other building with no fall damage

The thing is, there is no facing in this game, so there is no "behind" in any real sense.

When dealing with an adjacent character, I would say 'behind' would be the direction opposite that specific character, and you would have to adhere to the straight line in the direction. So if the character was adjacent to you diagonally, then you would fling him diagonally the opposite direction. Similarly to Raphael's Kick Shell, the figure would have to move away from you in the same direction that the figure is positioned adjacently. So if you wanted to make them go in a different direction, you may need to use a quick move icon to better position yourself for the move.

Does Donnie's card specifically say "behind"? I don't have the physical card with me but the PnP card does not give a specific direction, just says 3 spaces in a straight line. If the wording remains the same, I would say you can fling in any direction you want. If it says "behind", I would say you have to fling them in the direction opposite their position to you, and would have to move first to reposition yourself to throw them off the roof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
"In a straight line" includes diagonals, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.