Subject: Where's the buzz? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenton White
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
A big name designer with two beloved games under his belt (Avalon and The Resistance). Plenty of demos at GenCon and other conventions so people have had plenty of opportunity to play it. Now it's live on Kickstarter. Why is there little buzz around this game? Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
It's likely because this is DonE's first game he's actually published, and so isn't used to using BGG to create hype. But I've played the game a few times and it's pretty good! Definitely a fun 4-8 player negotiation party game that has way more interaction than, say, Bohnanza.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you please explain where/why there is backstabbing and betrayal? I am trying to figure it out.

In a 4 player game both "teams" would share enemies so they would automatically be forced to work together right?

In a 5 player game you would have to be allied with the people accross from you how do you choose? Wouldn't the first two people to have enough components just agree to launch. Where does the negotiation come in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Smith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
there's no set team.

so, you can change your alliance at any time if another player's resources seem more useful to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
NINE LITTLE LETTERS
badge
FECK! ARSE! DRINK! GIRLS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is ludicrous. $35 for the game plus $35 shipping makes it $70 (AUD$95).

That's is for every country outside the US ($7) and Canada ($11).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamara D
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
It did get mentioned in Board game breakfast today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0opjsdDDaU&t=393s - around 6 30 in Kickstarter news so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
I'm also quite surprised by the lack of buzz. The Resistance is one of my favorite games, and I'm sure the same is true for a lot of people. Can't wait to try out his new creation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm NOT surprised at all that this KS has little to no buzz.

#1 It's the holidays which can be a very difficult window for KS projects.
#2 Paying exorbitant shipping costs for a game that many might be assuming that they can just wait for a retail copy.
#3 No preview videos showing ACTUAL game play. All you're offering is a staged video of people overacting pretending to play the game?

The fairly vague description of the game does sound interesting but I'm done gambling on KS. I've learned to expect certain things from a creator before I put my $$ on the line. I suspect that it will reach it's funding goal but it may end up more valuable as a case lesson?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shipping costs have gone down:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/845031916/abandon-plane...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chinery
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
flag msg tools
mb
Shipping costs have come down a lot, and there's a video on YouTube of a full playthrough recorded from a live stream... it looks really fun, some interesting gameplay twists. It's had a really rocky KickStarter start but he seems to be putting in an honest attempt to pull it back. I think it's done enough to convince me at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not finding that YouTube play through? I looked before my original post because I was genuinely interested in the game and after a follow up search I'm still have found zilch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AccidentalCultist wrote:
Not finding that YouTube play through? I looked before my original post because I was genuinely interested in the game and after a follow up search I'm still have found zilch!

It's on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/twitchgamenight/v/101930632?sr=a

https://youtu.be/Ye97r5rylMc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.