Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Not long introduced to the pleasures of this game, I am finding it a real blast to play. So far, the Aliens have won out but boy am I game for more!

I would appreciate confirmation of my initial understanding/assumptions re: cards that are revealed while working their way through the Complex.

1) Egg - once turned face up, it stays face up. It doesn't move. Other cards from the Hive "jump" over it when they are pushed right. This card comes into play when an Event is drawn.

2) Events and Hazards that are revealed while in the Complex are resolved immediately and then discarded. If they are not revealed until they enter the Combat Zone that is when they are resolved.

3) Aliens revealed in the Complex can be killed by the player(s) but do not strike the players until (if) these cards reach the Combat Zone.

Many thanks in advance for confirmation/objection to the above.

Gotta go now ... time for another attempt to kick the xenomorph asses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougposkitt wrote:
Hi everyone,

Not long introduced to the pleasures of this game, I am finding it a real blast to play. So far, the Aliens have won out but boy am I game for more!

I would appreciate confirmation of my initial understanding/assumptions re: cards that are revealed while working their way through the Complex.

1) Egg - once turned face up, it stays face up. It doesn't move. Other cards from the Hive "jump" over it when they are pushed right. This card comes into play when an Event is drawn.

2) Events and Hazards that are revealed while in the Complex are resolved immediately and then discarded. If they are not revealed until they enter the Combat Zone that is when they are resolved.

3) Aliens revealed in the Complex can be killed by the player(s) but do not strike the players until (if) these cards reach the Combat Zone.

Many thanks in advance for confirmation/objection to the above.

Gotta go now ... time for another attempt to kick the xenomorph asses!

Yes to all your questions, I think, I've only played 10 or so games. Somebody more knowledgable than me can chime in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Doug,

My understanding below, which I believe is correct

1) Yes that is exactly right, the space is basically blocked by the egg. A facehugger pops out if it does get event carded.

2) Correct - its the same thing basically. Any time it is revealed, be it because of a scan, an enemy ability, or because it enters the combat zone, you should immediately resolve its effect before doing anything else.

3) Yes that is correct. It seems easy that way until the complex is overrun and suddenly they are pouring into the combat zone!

Looks like you have it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you got it all right. Remember you can attack and kill a revealed egg before an event shows up to hatch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Sounds like you got it all right. Remember you can attack and kill a revealed egg before an event shows up to hatch it.
Can? Must!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fell foul of ill-considered scanning of the complex on my first ever run through.

An egg was revealed but I lacked the attack to kill it in the same turn after having spent 3 attack to scan. When I took my next 6 cards, I had only two attack and elected to spend that on scanning a room. Good God, it was an Event and I had to kill it off and place a facehugger next to my Gunner. Jeez! Brutal luck!

Then, next turn I drew enough attack to kill it.

So far, in all my games, I have avoided the dreaded chestburster, but each time I succumb to a surplus of wounds.

Death or glory, this game is, huh? Still, I have loved every minute so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.