7 Wonders Duel» Forums » General

Subject: 7 Wonder Duel - French Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi All,

7WD has been near the top of my wish list for months now but due to the lack of availability in the UK it's been quite pricey, usually around £36. So, as soon as I saw a copy for £26 on Amazon I snapped it up immediately! Got it today and it's the French version!

From what I can see on the back of the box it looks like the writing on the cards is in French, I guess the rules won't be an issue, even if there aren't English rules in the box I could print them, maybe find them here on BGG.

So, should I keep this version? Or should I leave it sealed, send it back and wait for a UK version to become available.

Any thoughts very much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't make your decision based on this, but the only text on the cards are the titles (If I am recalling correctly). Everything else is symbol based and I believe the game could really be played in any language as long as you understand what all the symbols represent.

I'd wait for some other opinions however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's of any help, an English edition restock just arrived in UK online stores last week, along with the expansion... (e.g. http://meeplescorner.co.uk/Card-Games/7-Wonders-Duel-Repos, where it's £16.50, though there's a 2-3 day wait on copies from Meeples Corner, and the expansion is already out of stock there - so snap a copy of the base game up quick if you want it!)

As to answering your question: As Jerival says, the text on the cards is fairly irrelevant as all scoring things are icon-based. The only trouble you'd have is if you had to look for an explanation of icons. They're all in the rulebook or on the cheat-sheet...

EDIT: The rules are indeed on BGG, here: Official rules of 7 Wonders Duel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hastings
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
"In Veritae Victoria - In Truth Lieth Victory"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're a completionist/perfectionist and its really going to bother you then I would say pick up another copy and pass this on. As you know its well sought after and you should be able to pass it on quickly.

But as Nick said, the game plays without the text and the images are descriptive enough so its only the aesthetics to consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks all for the quick and very helpful responses! I'll send the French one back to Amazon and snap up a cheaper one for £16 to save some money
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Oneiro22 wrote:
Thanks all for the quick and very helpful responses! I'll send the French one back to Amazon and snap up a cheaper one for £16 to save some money

I highly recommend the expansion as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.