Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Frikium
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone read any information regarding a release or expansion schedule to follow the initial awakening set? ie: when do we expect to see the next card set of Star Wars: Destiny?

Additionally, I was curious to hear the ideas others may have had about storage solutions for both the dice and cards of Star Wars: Destiny. I know the starter sets have space for additional dice, but I was hoping for a higher quality solution and plan to work towards one once I have the cards & dice in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing close to an expansion schedule I've seen is reports of 3 sets a year, one of which will include starters. Given we're releasing Awakenings during the holiday season, I'd expect an annual Thanksgiving-Christmas starter-set-including expansion, with additional expansions hitting late summer and mid-spring.

I think somebody at Worlds was quoted on a stream as saying that the official street date for Awakenings (outside of launch event stock) is December 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Trifaro
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I also would love to know what people are doing for storage solutions. I intend to collect quite a bit for this game xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Color coded binder pages. Not sure what I'll do for the dice just yet, probably some little plastic case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I use color coded binders for X-Wing/Imperial Assault. The problem I find myself running into though, is when I organize them by craft/figure and then from highest to lowest cost/vice versa, is when you want to add more, you have to move everything after them. Gets to be a pain in the ass, they look great in the card pages but it is maddening to have to adjust them every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
If people could post links to some solutions, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Romo
msg tools
Picked the taller ones of these at the Container store. Plenty of room to keep dice and a bag holding the tokens in. Another will hold dice that taking for trade. Really like they latch to each other so can just pull everything out at once instead of digging for the right container. Deck box for cards.

http://www.containerstore.com/s/mini-latch-boxes/d?productId...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Expansion Schedule & Storage Solutions
You can store the dice in Standard miniature trays (25x50mm) like those from battlefoam or Feldherr. There is a Deal from Feldherr: the Mini plus + 4 layers of 16 wholes for Minis. Meaning 32 dice per Layer = 128 dice total for only 27€. Dont know how much Feldherr is avaiable in us, due to its a german Company. But i think battlefoam has those too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
I use color coded binders for X-Wing/Imperial Assault. The problem I find myself running into though, is when I organize them by craft/figure and then from highest to lowest cost/vice versa, is when you want to add more, you have to move everything after them. Gets to be a pain in the ass, they look great in the card pages but it is maddening to have to adjust them every time.

If you use 9-card 3-ring sheets then when you get to 10+ cards that want to go in a page you divide the page into two 5+-card sheets. When you fill a sheet, start with only two columns per row. This minimizes card motion when you add several cards to your binders. For a more general treatment of the problem, read about B-trees: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-tree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven T
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding storage and transport, I am working to solve that exact problem. Wait for my upcoming series on transporting the game on The Chance Cube – A Star Wars: Destiny Podcast. (www.thechancecube.com).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.