Grand Prix» Forums » Rules

Subject: Safety Zone shifting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G W

Arkansas
msg tools
mb
My question refers to the example given in the rule book at the top of page 12, showing a before and after of shifting cars in a safety zone:

Rules of 8.3.2 (pg 11) state to "...start with the cars closest to Zone End marker and begin shifting them into the innermost lane...Proceed sector by sector towards the start of the Safety Zone."

Also - "Any car that is moved down and would occupy a space currently occupied by another car will displace the car....forward."

Ok, back to example on page 12:

Car #22 moves down and displaces #1, 1 space forward. Now #1 is below #10. When #10 moves down, shouldn't it displace #1 another space forward, to behind #85? The final picture shows #10 ahead of #1, but I am not sure how it got there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says to start from the zone END marker, which is the solid green, so #10 shifts down 1st, #1 is next (inside lane first) but is already in the inner most lane, and then #22 shifts down, pushing #1 & #10. It's better to be out front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G W

Arkansas
msg tools
mb
Thank you!

In my mind, I had reversed where the end and start tokens would be.

Makes perfect sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.